USG200 stopped issuing DHCP addresses

Options
Lou_S
Lou_S Posts: 5
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited March 1 in Community Feedback
USG200 has been running fine for a while on ver 5.32.  Today, all of the LAN ports stopped serving DHCP addresses.  Logs dont show the requests coming in.  I even tried plugging a laptop directly into multiple LAN ports (so no switches, etc) and nothing.

Rebooting didnt help.  Rolled back to ver 5.31 and things started working again.  Is there a known issue with ver 5.32 serving DHCP?  I'm reluctant to update back to 5.32 without a root cause

Comments

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,300  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi @Lou_S,
    sorry to read your issues. Are you talking about an USG 200 Flex, am I right?
    The device have 4 "LAN" ports, how many network segments are the device running?
    Are used two or more WAN Interfaces? (SFP or RJ45 doesn't matter)
    Are DHCP pools "big enough"? Can happen that one or more of them ran out of addresses?
    My personal suspect is that a bug came in not allowing DHCP server to work properly if one of the pools runs out of available address. Might fit your environment?
    I manage only USG 100 Flex and USG20-VPN 5.x devices, and currently I'm not having issues, but all devices have pools quite bigger than necessary.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.