openVPN on USG flex 500?

Options
Darryl
Darryl Posts: 13  Freshman Member
10 Comments Friend Collector
I've seen older comments about openVPN not being supported on the USG firewalls, but they were dated.  Is there any change to this?   I need to be able to come through from a variety of different endpoints, not all windows... some are cellular devices... and I don't consider L2TP to be a strong VPN.   Please tell me that it's available, as openVPN is available on almost EVERY device out there.

...Darryl

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,296  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestion. The feature is on the roadmap of the new models. Please see this post.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,296  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestion. The feature is on the roadmap of the new models. Please see this post.
  • Darryl
    Darryl Posts: 13  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options
    Thank you, Emily.  I can assure you that as a retired individual, I'm not going to be replacing the firewall that I just bought in another year just for this feature.  I was an IT professional for well over 40 years, and have a fairly complex networking infrastructure for a home.  But this feature lag is just another one of those things that will give me strong incentive to look elsewhere when it's time to replace this firewall.

...Darryl

Security Highlight