Feature request: Fan control of XGS1250

Options
Zyxel_Adam
Zyxel_Adam Posts: 341  Zyxel Employee
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited December 2022 in Switch Ideas
User @Frantik85 proposes that 
  • It's good to have an option/button to activate the fan.
Please help to give a vote if you also like this request.
Adam
4 votes

Completed · Last Updated

V2.00 patch 0 firmware supports this function. However, this function requires new hardware revision due to current hardware limitations.

Comments

• MarkoN
    MarkoN Posts: 5
    First Comment
    Options

Please make it optional. Switch usually gets really hot and the fan is not even active. I would like to keep the fan always active.

• tonynca
    tonynca Posts: 6
    First Comment
    Options

yeah I noticed mine getting pretty hot too. I would prefer to have it on as well.

• robertogl
    Options

I assume this is a bit too late, but this feature would not only allow to control the fan, but it would also allow to test the fan.

I had an xgs1250 with a 'broken fan' (it was never working) and I cannot test this on my new xgs1250 because there is no way to activate it.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,649  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi @robertogl and all,

Thank you for your inquiry about the XGS1250's fan functionality. I'd like to confirm that the fan is indeed temperature-controlled and activates only when reaching a predetermined temperature. We have thoroughly reviewed the possibility of enabling fan control through a firmware upgrade but, due to hardware limitations, found it unfeasible. Understanding the importance of this feature, we are excited to announce that we are working on releasing a new hardware revision that will include fan control capabilities.

Zyxel Melen

• robertogl
    Options

Thanks for the update!

A bit unfortunate that an hardware change is needed, as existing customer will not be able to use this…