USG40 / USG60 license phase out IDP

Kfec
Kfec Posts: 2
First Comment
edited January 2023 in Security
Hi,

Our company uses many USG40 and USG60 devices with UTM licenses, my question is that the IDP signature update expired on 12.31.2022, the IDP service is currently in the grace period on our devices. My question is, after the grace period is over, is the service automatically turned off on the routers? Or will the IDP service still work with the latest signature update?

https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/4404066253458-USG-Series-License-Phase-Out-and-Free-IDP-Signature-Information

Thank you for your help!

KFerenc

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,039  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Our UTM license will be expire on 2023-03-09, as you can see the AV and the Content filter will be expire on that day, but the IDP' expire date is 2023.01.17 (and it is on Greace period), so the question is the IDP service will stop after 2023.01.17 on this router?

Kfec

Yes, it is. Thanks.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jeff

Welcome to the Zyxel community. Regarding your situation, once the grace period is over and then the IDP service will stop on the device. But if, for the USG device that still has IDP license service and it has not to be expired. The IDP service still works with the latest signature version but the IDP signature cannot be updated.
  • Kfec
    Kfec Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Dear Zyxel_Jeff,

Sorry, but i am little bit confused, i attached the printscreen of our router Licensing page.

Our UTM license will be expire on 2023-03-09, as you can see the AV and the Content filter will be expire on that day, but the IDP' expire date is 2023.01.17 (and it is on Greace period), so the question is the IDP service will stop after 2023.01.17 on this router?

• Zyxel_Jeff
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

Kfec

Yes, it is. Thanks.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    edited January 2023
    Hello @Kfec

Besides, because USG40 and USG60 are all End of Life, you could refer to our newer products ATP or USG Flex series models for replacement, please refer to this introduction and refer to where to buy .  Thanks :) !

Security Highlight