Flex 100W combined with WAX610D

Avi_Z
Avi_Z Posts: 1
First Anniversary
edited January 2023 in WirelessLAN
I have a Flex 100W. I need to add a WAX610D to the wireless mesh. How do I do that?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓

Hi @Avi_Z,

In case you just have FLEX100W and one WAX610D, you can’t configure the wireless mesh. The condition needs to be fulfilled for building up wireless Mesh is having two APs at least in the network.

In case, you need to configure a scenario with “roaming” function, you can do it with FLEX100W and one WAX610D by:

Keep 15% to 20% overlapping coverage for FLEX100W and WAX610D

Same SSID name and Security settings

Roaming happens when client moves away from FLEX100W or WAX610D that it connect originally, and connects to another with a stronger signal.

You also can share more detail about your scenario and requirements, so we can provide you the configuration steps.

Judy

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓

Hi @Avi_Z,

In case you just have FLEX100W and one WAX610D, you can’t configure the wireless mesh. The condition needs to be fulfilled for building up wireless Mesh is having two APs at least in the network.

In case, you need to configure a scenario with “roaming” function, you can do it with FLEX100W and one WAX610D by:

Keep 15% to 20% overlapping coverage for FLEX100W and WAX610D

Same SSID name and Security settings

Roaming happens when client moves away from FLEX100W or WAX610D that it connect originally, and connects to another with a stronger signal.

You also can share more detail about your scenario and requirements, so we can provide you the configuration steps.

Judy