RAW performance of USG FLEX 200

PeterUK
PeterUK Posts: 2,655  Guru Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited January 2023 in Security

V5.35(ABUI.0)

I have disabled all logging and disabled all security services testing locally with a bridge between two PC's one with a HTTP server and the other downloading with Free Download Manager with many threads the best I get is around 440Mb and I'm sure my Zywall 110 is faster then that when I least tested and that's got less SPI.

It looks like the USG FLEX 200 is not fully using all cores with a many thread downloader.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,039  Zyxel Employee
    Hello @PeterUK

PeterUK said:

V5.35(ABUI.0)

I have disabled all logging and disabled all security services testing locally with a bridge between two PC's one with a HTTP server and the other downloading with Free Download Manager with many threads the best I get is around 440Mb 

Not very clear how you test it. Did you test the throughput between two lan physical ports? Could you share the topology with the cabling with us?

I'm sure my Zywall 110 is faster then that when I least tested and that's got less SPI.
    Can you share the test result of ZyWall 110 with us as well? 

Thank you.

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,655  Guru Member
    edited January 2023

The test was with a bridge wan1 and DMZ and it seems I was wrong about zywall 110 being faster...or at least I'm now wrong and old firmware when I last tested was faster? Or maybe I tested NAT/routeing performance and a bridged setup is not that fast?

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,039  Zyxel Employee
    OK, got it. Anyway thanks for your verification for us :) .

Security Highlight