ARMOR G1 (NBG6818) VLAN Tag

Options
dursun
dursun Posts: 11  Freshman Member
10 Comments Friend Collector
edited February 2023 in Home Router
hello,
I just reset the device for internet access of my zyxel argor g1 device many times, I reset it again, but internet access could not be made, I talked to the company from which I got internet service, they said that I could plug in the modem with the WAN port of the brand model I wanted, I also have the tp-link deco x60. , deco m9plus, deco x73dsl, ASUS RT-AX86U, I can provide internet access without any problems by resetting and re-setting their modems one by one. There is no place to enter VLAN ID:35 and 802.1P:0 information under >pppoe. Some foreign forum sites also talk about the same problem. firmware version on the device: V1.00(ABSC.6)CO Note: If you do not enter the VLAN ID:35 and 802.1P:0 values on the modem-router devices that work without problems, internet access cannot be made. These values must be entered as VLAN ID:35 and 802.1P:0.

Kind regards.

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 841  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hello @dursun

If you need an immediate fix/workaround, then you could operate the Armor G1 connected to a Modem, where the modem has the VLAN and 802.1P values in it.

This would be as shown in figure 9 of the user guide, see https://download.zyxel.com/Armor_G1_(NBG6818)/user_guide/Armor%20G1%20(NBG6818)_V1.00_Ed4.pdf linked from https://www.zyxel.com/global/en/products/wifi-router/ac2600-multi-gigabit-wifi-router-armor-g1

Otherwise, it sounds a request for the next software release.

Kind regards,
        Tony
  • dursun
    Options
    Hello,
    First of all, thank you very much for your quick reply, I wait, I am not very urgent at the moment, I will continue with the old type modem working at the moment for internet access, but I hope a new software will be provided as soon as possible, in which these additions, which are very missing for us, are integrated, because until now I have never had a problem with the zyxel products I have used until now.

Note: Before purchasing this zyxel armor g1 product, I asked many times in the phone call I made with the zyxel support team in the country I was in, and it was said that you would not have any problems.

Kind regards.
  • dursun
    Options
    hello again,
    if you have a firmware under the name beta for trial purposes, I would like to try it safely. I would like to use this device without any problems.

good luck
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,079  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    The Armor G1 device does not support VLAN tagging. If this feature is essential to your requirements, please contact the windows from whom you purchased the Armor G1 device to initiate a return.
    The NBG7510 router, which provides VLAN tagging functionality. 
    You can refer to the device specifications to ensure it meets your requirements.
  • dursun
    Options
    Hello,
    Finally, I wonder or want to learn from you whether VLAN tagging support will be included in any new firmware for this device in the future.

What I want to know is, is this device a hardware deficiency or a software deficiency?

If it will come with a software support in the future, I will definitely wait.

Kind regards.
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,079  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    Hi @dursun

We do not have a plan to have an enhancement on the feature.

Best Regards,
    Jerry

• dursun
    Options
    Hello,

Before I bought the device, I did a little research and saw the article that it supports VLAN tagging in some of the documents in the introduction of the device, so they said that it works smoothly by the zyxel support in the country I am in. There is no future, it will not be in the future, it is very sad. It is your company policy, but there was no solution to my problem. I made a request to add a VLAN tagging menu. The answer I received was negative, and I returned the device I bought at the same time.

Kind regards, goodbye.

• dursun
    edited March 2023
    Options

missing in Armor G1 is VLAN assignment, even in normal devices, it does not exist in this comprehensive device, I hope this deficiency will be eliminated with an update soon, otherwise the device will remain in its box empty.

• dursun
    Options

First of all, I strongly disagree with you, the description of the VLAN assignment was definitely included in the introduction documents of the device, for some reason this description was removed later and the answer from you is not very suitable.

Kind regards.

Consumer Product Help Center