IKEv2 Remote Access and Site to Site VPN

Options

Hi.

I have a problem with the VPN as in the subject. I have a site-to-site tunnel set up between atp200 and atp500. I would also like to run a VPN for our employees based on IKEv2. I have VPN-Gateway and VPN-Connection (all IKEv2) configured for the site-to-site tunnel and this works fine. I have also created VPN-Gatway and VPN-Connection IKEv2 and selected Server Mode. When I try to connect, I go through Gateway but it doesn't want to set up a tunnel anymore. If I disable the site-to-site tunnel then it will work. Site-to-Site ikev2 with key on wan1 from one ISP, Server mode with certificate on wan2 from second ISP.

Have any of you had this problem?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 616  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Rad3k,

Welcome to Zyxel Community!

What do you mean by "I go through Gateway but it doesn't want to set up a tunnel anymore"? is it connect fails? If so, could you check if the logs show anything?

As for "If I disable the site-to-site tunnel then it will work", I suspect that there is subnet conflict, could you check on this?

Did you create IKEv2 Remote VPN via Quick Setup Wizard?

James

All Replies

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 616  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Rad3k,

Welcome to Zyxel Community!

What do you mean by "I go through Gateway but it doesn't want to set up a tunnel anymore"? is it connect fails? If so, could you check if the logs show anything?

As for "If I disable the site-to-site tunnel then it will work", I suspect that there is subnet conflict, could you check on this?

Did you create IKEv2 Remote VPN via Quick Setup Wizard?

James

• Rad3k
    Rad3k Posts: 2
    10 Comments
    Options

Hi James

I created IKEv2 Remote VPN manually according to the tutorial I found on the zyxel website.

When trying to connect to a VPN from a computer with Windows 10 Professional installed, I get the following information:

Connecting with ...Verifying your login informationThe context has expired and can no longer be used.

The logs only show me the following information:

Security Policy Control priority:1, from ANY to ZyWALL, UDP, service IPSEC_ISAKMP_L2TP, ACCEPT 31.0.47.223:10697 188.147.129.214:4500 ACCESS FORWARD

Security Policy Control priority:1, from ANY to ZyWALL, UDP, service IPSEC_ISAKMP_L2TP, ACCEPT 31.0.47.223:10697 188.147.129.214:500 ACCESS FORWARD

I also checked for subnet conflicts and I don't see any.

Security Highlight