NWA50AX firmware update stalled, HELP!

Options

Hi,

Started configuring this straight out of the box, and after getting connection I decided to start by upgrading the firmware from 6.25.

I am using direct management, so I downloaded the NWA50AX_6.29(ABYW.1)C0 package, unzipped it and from the maintenance tab of management interface told it to upload the bin file 629ABYW1C0.bin. The upload has now been ongoing for an hour so it seems to be stalled. No sign of it updating (red LED blinking) but I am concerned that if I try to stop it the whole box will be bricked. Screenshot attached.

What can I do?

All Replies

• Tne
    Tne Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

2 hrs gone, still no change. The manual cautions against shutting it down just by yanking the cord (I'm using PoE), but obviously I am not able to access the shutdown functionality in the management interface since it is preoccupied with the firmware update. So I can't even get it to power down in a controlled manner.

• Tne
    Tne Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

So now I lost the connection to the device, and when I logged in the uploading message wasn't there any more and everything seems to be at least initially OK. So hopefully no damage done.

Any advice on how to get the firmware update done in standalone mode? I am hoping to get by with just one wifi AP, so Nebula doesn't really appeal to me.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 560  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Tne

We try to replicate your condition by using the same firmware V6.25(ABYW.1) and same AP, but we didn’t meet the problem you encountered. We suspect that the possible cause of this is that the original AP’s IP address changed after the AP reboot, causing the browser to remain on this screen. 

In addition to the AP’s local GUI, you may also use our ZON utility to manage your AP in standalone mode. It can help you to check for device current IP address, performing firmware upgrade, configuring device and more. 

By the way, have you successfully upgrade your AP to V6.29(ABYW.1)? Please let us know if you encounter any other issue. 

Kay 

Kay