NXC2500 Additional SSID

Options

Hi,

I wonder if someone could check over our config (attached)

We currently have working ok - 2 SSIDS. (Office IT and Office Guest)

• One for the office lan, VLANid 10
  • One for guests VLAN id 20

VLANid10 goes straight from NXC2500 to our network switch ok.

VLANid20 goes straight from NXC2500 to our firewall

We have Zyxel POE switch where all the APs feed in to and this plugs in to NXC2500 also. It has VLAN 10,20,30 tagged to all ports.

I have tried to setup another guest network , basically copyig VLANid20's settings, but adjusting to VLAN30 and the relevant ports/tagging etc.

It is plugged into another port on the firewall.

The firewall is a Sonicwall , and has a seperate DHCP server set up for each of the 2 ports that come from the NXC2500. VLAN20 (ie guest1) is working fine.

However when I try to connect to the new SSID (office_staff) it cant get an IP address. But if I plug a laptop directly in the firewall on the same port, it gives me an IP Address.

Bascially I am trying to work out if its the Firewall or some setting ive forgotten in NXC2500. (ie does everything look ok on the NXC2500!) Thanks, Daniel enc

Accepted Solution

• danielson81
    danielson81 Posts: 11
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ignore me, its fixed, I edited the vlan tagging. Thank you for your help!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 935  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi there,

We found that there is difference between VLAN10/20/30 settings, recommend you check that first.

In case, the issue isn't solved, could you share with us the detailed typology including which ports of NXC2500 connect to which ports of switch and firewall?

VLANid20 goes straight from NXC2500 to our firewall

Could you describe more about that?

It is plugged into another port on the firewall.

Do you mean there is the second cable from NXC2500 connect to firewall for VLAN30? At first, there is one cable from NXC2500 connect to firewall that has configuration with VLAN20.

However when I try to connect to the new SSID (office_staff) it cant get an IP address. But if I plug a laptop directly in the firewall on the same port, it gives me an IP Address.

Have you checked the IP that the laptop get? Does it belong to 192.168.1.x (VLANID=1) or 10.10.30.x ( VLANID=30)?

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• danielson81
    Options

Thanks for your response, enclose is a topology. It shows how VLAN20 goes to the Firewall directly for DHCP

The VLANs are tagged like that so the traffic is routed differently, ie Office_IT and Office_Guest

When I connceted a laptop direcltly to the firewall port, i get a 10.10.30.x address

• danielson81
    danielson81 Posts: 11
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ignore me, its fixed, I edited the vlan tagging. Thank you for your help!