SSL VPN Client 1.2.5 on Mac Ventura 13.2 Broken

TriLanSupport
TriLanSupport Posts: 15  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Have a customer who upgraded to MacOS Ventura 13.2 and their SSL VPN client (1.2.5) stopped connecting. Other users still on Ventura 13.0.1 are connecting OK.

There seems to be a lot of posts regarding VPN connections in general breaking after this update.

Is there a workaround for the Zyxel client on this MacOS version?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,426  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

HI @TriLanSupport ,

Welcome to Zyxel coummnity.

Please uninstall the old VPN client and install the new client on macOS to avoid potential issues that may arise if you only update or replace the old version with the new version of the VPN client.

• TriLanSupport

I should clarify, the affected Mac was running the latest version available and was working OK. After the user updated to Ventura, it stopped working. I have already removed/reinstalled the client and the problem persists under Ventura 13.2.

• Zyxel_Cooldia

Hi @TriLanSupport,

My lab's MAC OS is 13.2, and the SSL VPN client is 1.2.5. It does not have any issues when building up an SSL VPN tunnel. Are there any error messages that pop up when you try to build up the VPN tunnel?

• TriLanSupport

It just returns an error in the log saying it "cannot contact the server", which is the destination WAN IP of the firewall. I confirmed that the client could by other means, so don't have much more to go on. It worked before the update and now it doesn't. I have asked the customer to update to 13.2.1 to see if this resolves it.

• Zyxel_Cooldia

Hi @TriLanSupport ,

You also can check if it is blocked by MAC OS Privacy & Security Settings.

Security Highlight