Problem initializing NWA50AXs
I've just bought 1x NR7101 and 5x NWA50AX.
The NR7101 was easy to set up* and is working beautifully. I have an excellent internet connection through it.
The NWA50AXs are proving more difficult. I'm trying to configure these in standalone control mode. They're all exhibiting the same behaviour: I plug them into a PoE+ switch also connected to the NR7101 (with an internet cconnection) and they blink slowly green and amber indefinitely. Sometimes they'll settle on steady blue (then steady green when a device connects over wifi) but will eventually return to slowly flashing green and amber.
I can connect to all of their default SSIDs over wifi, but they won't serve anything when I try to visit http://18.104.22.168, http://setup.zyxel.com, http://192.168.1.2, or https:// for any of those. Same for a wired connection.
Firmware version is V6.25(ABYW.2)
I've been trying to follow the quick start guide
- I've tried connecting one to another network - no difference.
- I've looked at them in ZON. They all show up fine. I'm able to set device name and IP settings.
- I have tried to update the firmware via ZON but the upgrade fails both from the internet and from a local file.
- I've tried assigning them static non-conflicting IP addresses.
- They don't show up in ZAC.
- I've tried connecting them to Nebula Cloud Control (just to get them working to begin with). None of them ever managed to connect/initialise at all, and so I've removed them from the account.
- I've tried factory resetting them using the hardware button.
- I have connected them one-by-one & tried troubleshooting steps (to avoid conflicts on 192.168.1.2).
The one way I am able to operate them is: attempting to 'restore defaults' in ZON causes them to go from green/amber to steady blue (/steady green) for a short amount of time.
*With the NR7101, I did encounter one serious software bug. When setting the admin password in settings (not the setup wizard), I was permitted to enter a 35-char long password. When subsequently logging in, the device would not accept a password longer than 32 characters. Neither would it accept the default password, the previous password, or the new password truncated to 32 characters at the start and end. The device was effectively soft-locked and I had to factory reset using the hardware reset button.
- All Categories
- 179 Beta Program
- 1.7K Nebula
- 88 Nebula Ideas
- 63 Nebula Status and Incidents
- 4.7K Security
- 236 Security Ideas
- 1.1K Switch
- 51 Switch Ideas
- 913 WirelessLAN
- 27 WLAN Ideas
- 5.4K Consumer Product
- 174 Service & License
- 295 News and Release
- 113 Success Stories
- 65 Security Advisories
- 14 Education Center
- 978 FAQ
- 424 Nebula FAQ
- 253 Security FAQ
- 100 Switch FAQ
- 115 WirelessLAN FAQ
- 21 Consumer Product FAQ
- 65 Service & License FAQ
- 34 Documents
- 34 Nebula Monthly Express
- 68 About Community
- 52 Security Highlight