Does XGS1010-12 have VLAN passthrough?

Options
Wik
Wik Posts: 2
First Comment
edited April 2023 in Switch

Hello,

I am considering buying a XGS1010-12, the price is very affordable for a 10gbit SFP+ uplink!

My concern is that it is unmanaged and that therefore I will have problem with my VLANs. Does anybody know if it has VLAN passthrough so that it will keep the VLAN tag intact?

Thanks!

//Wik

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 480  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Wik

Thank you for your interest in the XGS1010-12. To answer your question, yes, the XGS1010-12 supports VLAN passthrough. This means that the switch will not modify or strip off the VLAN tag when the tagged frames pass through the switch. As the XGS1010-12 is an unmanaged switch, it does not perform any additional handling on the VLAN tag. 

We hope this information helps. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. 

Best Regards, 

Nami 

Zyxel Nami

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,714  Guru Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

From what I can tell it will not so you have to look at XGS1210-12 or XGS1250-12

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 480  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Wik

Thank you for your interest in the XGS1010-12. To answer your question, yes, the XGS1010-12 supports VLAN passthrough. This means that the switch will not modify or strip off the VLAN tag when the tagged frames pass through the switch. As the XGS1010-12 is an unmanaged switch, it does not perform any additional handling on the VLAN tag. 

We hope this information helps. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. 

Best Regards, 

Nami 

Zyxel Nami

• Wik
    Wik Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2023
    Options

Thanks for the replies!

It does seem that it fits my needs

//Wik