USG310 Multicast to Unicast

Options

Hi,

I was wondering what the features "Multicast to Unicast" under "Transmission Mode" does. I can't find any good information about this feature on the internet.

And also: Should I prefer it instead of a Fixed Multicast Rate?

Thanks, and greetings.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 618  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Lukas0102

To transmit wireless multicast traffic to all clients as unicast traffic, choose the Multicast to Unicast option. Unicast traffic adjusts its data rate based on the needs of the application, and its retransmission mechanism improves the reliability of multicast transmission, although it also produces duplicate packets.

Alternatively, you can use the Fixed Multicast Rate option to broadcast multicast traffic to all clients at a specific data rate. To use this option, you need to determine the application's bandwidth requirements and enter the value.

James

All Replies

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 618  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Lukas0102

To transmit wireless multicast traffic to all clients as unicast traffic, choose the Multicast to Unicast option. Unicast traffic adjusts its data rate based on the needs of the application, and its retransmission mechanism improves the reliability of multicast transmission, although it also produces duplicate packets.

Alternatively, you can use the Fixed Multicast Rate option to broadcast multicast traffic to all clients at a specific data rate. To use this option, you need to determine the application's bandwidth requirements and enter the value.

James

Security Highlight