Options

All Replies

• BruCom
    BruCom Posts: 32  Freshman Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Janusz_Nosacz Hi Janusz,

About the fact you were not able to use the 100+ MB update from Quectel please note that file is not a DFOTA version, so is not accepted by the “Module Upgrade” function from our Zyxel.

About the random no Internet access issue, I opened a ticket 2 months ago and no feedback from the support till today, nor a <<we are working on it>> despite I provided a lot of material and evidences to help the debug.

And yes, seems that there are random events causing the IP change and the Zyxel does not capture the new IP.

Recently, I changed my provider and the problem no longer occurred.
    This lead me think that not all the providers cause the issue with the Zyxel LTE5398-M904.
    The provider in use when I had the problem was Iliad (Free in France).

I’m sorry to read you are having the same issue and this prove that the LTE module upgrade is not solving the problem.
    It cannot be because, if the issue is related to an IP change not capture by the Zyxel, than the fix can come only from a firmware update, the modem is not "involved".

By the way I was told that Quectel published V12

• Janusz_Nosacz
    Janusz_Nosacz Posts: 24  Freshman Member
    Options

@BruCom Thank you for explaining the problem with the inability to upload the A12 version.
    It's good that the system showed an error and did not damage the router.

I read that about updating the LTE module you need to turn off and on the router and reset the router to factory settings.
    I did not do that. I only turned off the router as I had no internet.

So far, for these two days I have not had a problem with a complete lack of Internet access.
    I'll get back to you in early June and let you know if there's still a problem.

• Zonha
    Zonha Posts: 2
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Hello,

How did you do it? When I try to update I get the message: "Image uploading failed. The selected file is an illegal image"

• Janusz_Nosacz
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Zonha Hello,

What version of router firmware are you using?
    Are you downloading the correct software version for your region (Europe/Australia or USA)?

I was updating on version V1.00(ABQV.3)C0.
    The download link is available below:
    https://www.zyxel.com/pl/pl/support/download?model=lte5398-m904

I have prepared a video tutorial on updating the LTE module:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA_PWx5MRe4

Try to load the update file several times, if it catches, a loading circle will pop up, which will disappear after the update and the router login window will appear.
    As far as I remember, it didn't work for me the first time either and I got this error.

BTW. So far, the router has been running for the longest time without resetting since purchase, but only after changing to IPv4v6.

• Zonha
    Zonha Posts: 2
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Hello @Janusz_Nosacz ,

I found my mistake, I tried to do it on wifi. After trying ethernet it worked. Thanks for your help !

Completely off topic but do you know frequency aggregation? In particular the B28

• Janusz_Nosacz
    Options

@Zonha It's great that you managed to find a solution :) I did the update using a cable connection.

From what I was able to find, I have an Excel file with the given band aggregation possibilities. I do not know why it is stated that the LTE module supports aggregation of 5 bands, and there are only 4 in this file.

https://i.mt.lv/cdn/product_files/EG18-EA_221021.xlsx

From this page I have the above link:
    https://mikrotik.com/product/lhg_lte18#fndtn-downloads

This antenna uses the EG18-EA LTE module.

• androll
    androll Posts: 12  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options
  • Janusz_Nosacz
    Options

@androll Unfortunately not.
    I don't have the right phone to connect to the router and I won't have one.

Taking this opportunity, I would like to add that the router has been working flawlessly for 16 days without turning it off :D

• androll
    Options

Very good result, I would like to try it but without possibility to go back I must be sure before testing.
    I know you don't have analog phone, my message was for @Zonha

• androll
    Options

From yesterday after 1 minute and 3-4 second of all phone conversation line drops and router goes in "connection down" state 😭.

At this point I can do only two things:
    1) Waiting several minutes in hope of reconnection
    2) Reboot device

Maddening

Consumer Product Help Center