Firmware upgrade on USG310 not working

Options
DarioGiacu
DarioGiacu Posts: 1  Freshman Member
First Anniversary

Hi,

I try to upgrade my USG310 from version 4.72 to version 4.73 Patch2.

I've tried both method by cloud or downloading and upgrading directly on device but device won't to reboot and install.

I've set the firewall to upgrade and reboot automatically but nothing happens the icon on the ugrade say that the download is completed and no more infos

any workaround to get this update working?

Thanks for your support

Dario

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,079  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @DarioGiacu

Welcome to the Zyxel community. Thanks for reporting this case to us.
    If you are near your device, we suggest you can refer below steps to update firmware:
    STEP1. Download and back up the current running startup-config.conf file from the path: MAINTENANCE > File Manager > Configuration File.
    STEP2. Reboot to the standby partition.
    STEP3. Apply the current running startup-config.conf file.
    STEP4. Update to our latest firmware V4.73P2
    You could refer to this FAQ article, thanks.

• SDimitri
    SDimitri Posts: 2
    Friend Collector First Comment
    edited May 2023
    Options

Thank's @Zyxel_Jeff for info.
    I have same device and same problems with upgrading to 4.73 Patch2.

For @DarioGiac I’ll add on my own that after switching to another firmware, there will be a rollback to the configuration corresponding to this firmware, which requires an actual backup of the configuration. But the main thing here is that if there are no users in the old configuration that are now, it will not be possible to log in to the device. Therefore, it is necessary to carry out all actions, understanding all the risks, because. in the worst case, direct presence at the installation site will be required.

In my case, the admin account was different, but I successfully logged in through my account and successfully updated.

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,079  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @SDimitri

OK, many thanks for your reminder and experience sharing. Once switching to the standby partition but found there is no proper account and password can login to the device, the user can consider resetting the device and re-apply the correct config file.

Security Highlight