AP Zyxel NWA5123AC issue

Options
Sony
Sony Posts: 3
First Comment
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
I am using 2 AP Zyxel, printer and desktop connect to using wifi. the issue when I'm trying to ping from desktop use wired connection to desktop or printer using wifi connection it has a lot of requests timed out. I checked the configuration and connection between the Firewall, switch, and AP looks normal and I can ping without any RTO from Firewall and switch. I still cannot figure out what is the problem of my AP? I already update all the firmware Firewall Zyxel and AP Zyxel too.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Hi @Sony

Could you use the wifi station ping to the AP/Switch/Firewall and let us know the result? Please ensure the wifi signal of the station is good to use because the performance will be affected by the environment. 
    If the wifi signal is not good and with lots ping lost, please help to adjust the AP angle or the distance between the AP and station to find a better position to test. Confirm there is no obstruction between the AP and station. 
    If the wifi signal is good but with lots ping lost, please use inSSIDer to scan the wifi environment, and avoid to use the same channel with others. It will reduce the collision and wifi crowded.
    Please let me know if it helps.
    Thanks.

Joslyn 
  • Sony
    First Comment
    Options
    Hi Joslyn,

Thank you for your response. After doing troubleshoot together with Zyxel technical support, they decided to replace both of AP Zyxel. How can I backup AP configuration? I cannot access IP of my access point right now, any advice?

Thanks
    Sony
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Options
    Hi @Sony

Here is the way to backup configuration file. The "strart-config.conf" is the running config that you use.
    1. Backup the configuration from web GUI.
    MAINTENANCE -> File Manager -> Configuration File

2. Use SSH / Console and apply the below CLI command. Then copy the configuration file.
    Router> show running-config
    3. Use FTP to access the device, then get the configuration from dir /conf folder.
    Thanks.

Joslyn
  • Sony
    First Comment
    Options
    Hi Joslyn,

That's a web GUI AP? I cannot open web GUI AP, because my AP managed by USG210.
    I'm new about Zyxel.

Thanks
    Sony

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Options
    Hi @Sony

If the AP is managed by USG210, there will be no web GUI on AP.
    You could know the AP IP address and use SSH to the AP. Then apply the CLI command as I provided before. It will show the running config.
    Thanks.

Joslyn