L2TP connections do not show up on L2TP page [FLEX200]

Options
StefanZ
StefanZ Posts: 191  Master Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

When I add my own gateway + connection (IKEv1 with PSK) it will not show up on the L2TP page under "VPN Connection:".

When I run the wizard, the created connection is there.

When I create a new connection (exact copy of the wizard one), it will still not show up in the menu.

I am also experiencing some weird symptoms when changing the authentication type on a gateway:

• I changed an unused gateway from IKEv2 Certificate to PSK and instantly lost access to the device on my always-on site-2-site connection (FLEX50 local ← → FLEX200 remote).
  • Turns out that not just the settings for the edited gateway were reconfigured, but also the settings of the s-2-s gateway had been switched from PSK to Cert!
  • Same happened again yesterday with another pair of gateways – luckily not an active one this time.
  • I don't know why this happens, but I suspect it to be related to the gateways sharing certain settings. Like URL, Certificate, maybe the name (I name them in a certain pattern)?

This really shouldn't happen tho, I was lucky to have another gateway working to gain access again and restored the previous config. 2nd time it happened, I just noticed it by accident – my gateways are named either …PSK or …CERT, so that told me something was wrong.

All Replies

• WJS
    WJS Posts: 142  Ally Member
    Options

L2TP connection should only support Encapsulation: Transport , You can check you select it

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,099  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @StefanZ

Thanks for your inquiry. What is your current firmware version? Could you share the screenshots with us to describe your problem for us? It's convenient for us to realize your question. Many thanks!

• StefanZ
    StefanZ Posts: 191  Master Member
    Options

I sent my config for a lab check, I will report back when that's dealt with.

Security Highlight