Port clone

Good morning
ATP800
How do I set one port to be a clone of another?

I'm a novice technician

thank you all for the support

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 663  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Answers Zyxel Certified Sales Associate
    Answer ✓

@Nicola_Service

What do you mean by setting one port to be a clone of another? Could you give a specific example?
    If you're saying that set up one of the ports to be in the same interface as another, we can do it on the page of Port Group.
    Go to Configuration > Network > Interface > Port > Port Group, this page allows the administrator to change the port group, you can drag the icon of the port to one of the interfaces which have another port belong to.

Please refer to the screenshots below, here is an example that I try to make port7 to be like port6

After dragging, you can see that port7 belongs to ge6 which port6 also belongs to.

and then you can navigate to port configuration and make sure the speed and the duplex mode are the same for the two ports.

All Replies

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 663  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Answers Zyxel Certified Sales Associate
    Answer ✓

@Nicola_Service

What do you mean by setting one port to be a clone of another? Could you give a specific example?
    If you're saying that set up one of the ports to be in the same interface as another, we can do it on the page of Port Group.
    Go to Configuration > Network > Interface > Port > Port Group, this page allows the administrator to change the port group, you can drag the icon of the port to one of the interfaces which have another port belong to.

Please refer to the screenshots below, here is an example that I try to make port7 to be like port6

After dragging, you can see that port7 belongs to ge6 which port6 also belongs to.

and then you can navigate to port configuration and make sure the speed and the duplex mode are the same for the two ports.

Security Highlight