NWA55AXE ETHERNET PC

Options

Hey,

here's my question, as you can see on the photo i have 2 APs ( NWA50AX & NWA55AXE ) 50AX is in the first building and extend the FAI (ISP) Router the 55AXE is in 2nd building, the mesh was nice (200 mbps) and bridge is activated but i can't access the 55AXE by ethernet over a switch GSP1200 -5 V2, the computer doesn't have a DHCP IP.

If someone have an idea because i don't understand

Sorry for my english i'm French

Have a nice day

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 581  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @TimGrosBras ,

Based on the information you provided, it seems that you are attempting to extend your wired network using a wireless bridge function. However, the NWA50AX in the first building does not support the wireless bridge function, which means you won't be able to extend the wired network through NWA50AX and NWA55AXE.

For a successful wireless bridge setup, both your Root AP (the main AP connected to your ISP Router) and your Repeater AP (the AP extending the network to the second building) should support the wireless bridge function.

The models that currently support wireless bridge functionality are:

NAP203, NAP303, NAP353, NWA55AXE, WAC6103D-I, WAC6303D-S, WAC6502D-E, WAC6502D-S, WAC6503D-S, WAC6552D-S, WAC6553D-E, WAX610D, WAX620D-6E, WAX630S, WAX640S-6E, WAX650S, WAX655E

(** Please note that the supported model list may be subject to adjustments, so it's best to refer to the device function table for the most up-to-date information **)

For more detailed information about smart mesh and wireless bridge features, you can refer to this article:

Kay

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 581  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @TimGrosBras ,

Based on the information you provided, it seems that you are attempting to extend your wired network using a wireless bridge function. However, the NWA50AX in the first building does not support the wireless bridge function, which means you won't be able to extend the wired network through NWA50AX and NWA55AXE.

For a successful wireless bridge setup, both your Root AP (the main AP connected to your ISP Router) and your Repeater AP (the AP extending the network to the second building) should support the wireless bridge function.

The models that currently support wireless bridge functionality are:

NAP203, NAP303, NAP353, NWA55AXE, WAC6103D-I, WAC6303D-S, WAC6502D-E, WAC6502D-S, WAC6503D-S, WAC6552D-S, WAC6553D-E, WAX610D, WAX620D-6E, WAX630S, WAX640S-6E, WAX650S, WAX655E

(** Please note that the supported model list may be subject to adjustments, so it's best to refer to the device function table for the most up-to-date information **)

For more detailed information about smart mesh and wireless bridge features, you can refer to this article:

Kay