What to do if 2FA appears to be broken?

Options
kunz
kunz Posts: 32  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Hi,

No idea why, but appears that the 2FA at the device login is broken or does not appear anymore after username/password page. It just goes straight to the Dashboard. Has it been compromised or Is this a bug?

My device is an ATP500 with firmware V5.37(ABFU.0)

Should I reset the device back to hard rest/default again?

As I just recently reset the ATP500, maybe a few weeks ago. The 2FA was working okay, until yesterday or so. I thought maybe it was the web browser. So I reinstalled a fresh copy of the OS for the computer. Still the same results, 2FA broken.

I’m using Firefox 102.11.0esr(64 bit) on an Linux box. Although I don’t think that should matter. Since the login page should not proceed further after the username/password to the Dashboard without the 2FA verification, which i have enabled for user admin.

Not sure how to go forward now.

Regards,

Kunz

All Replies

• kunz
    Options

Btw, I failed to mention that I did try to disable/enable the 2FA also the revoke feature and generate a new 2FA, but still the same results.

2FA broken?

• kunz
    Options

2FA on my ATP100W is working. I had reset them more or less the same time.

ATP100W firmware is V5.37(ABRW.0).

No idea why it’s not working on the ATP500. I have now disabled the 2FA for admin in the ATP500. What should I do now?

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 624  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

@kunz please do not reset the device for now, I would like to check on your device, is it possible to provide remote access for further checking? you may contact me via private message, thanks.

• kunz
    Options

@Zyxel_James,

My sincerest apologies. I have already reset the device. I’ll pm you. Thanks.

Security Highlight