Looking for a wifi monitor utility

Options
Carlsap
Carlsap Posts: 23  ZCNE Certified
First Anniversary ZCNE Security Level 1 Certification - 2019 ZCNE Nebula Level 1 Certification - 2019 10 Comments

We currently have an ATP200 with 18 AP points connected. Three models WAC6502D, NWA5123-AC and WAC6303D. I have some users complaining about reliability in the wifi network. We have tried to deploy the AP evenly throughout our main building, but probably need fine tuning help.
We are looking for a good solution to monitor status of the wireless SSID performance and reliability. Any ideas are appreciated.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 952  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Carlsap ,

For monitoring the wireless SSID performance and reliability, I would recommend considering Zyxel's Nebula Control Center (NCC). The NCC provides a centralized management platform that offers real-time monitoring, analytics, and troubleshooting tools. It can give you insights into the performance of each AP and help you identify any potential issues.

Moreover, with the NCC, you can not only check the status of the AP but also the clients connected to it. I suggest referring to the wireless health feature to understand how to monitor the wireless health status of both the AP and clients and optimize accordingly.

For example, the "Clients" tab in the NCC will provide you with a comprehensive view of all connected clients, aiding in better network management.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• Carlsap
    Carlsap Posts: 23  ZCNE Certified
    First Anniversary ZCNE Security Level 1 Certification - 2019 ZCNE Nebula Level 1 Certification - 2019 10 Comments
    Options

Well, all this info I can see in the atp200 console. I was hoping for some magic to actually monitor status of the APs performance and stability.