SFP DN-81003 on GS1920 not working

Options
FrankLauer
FrankLauer Posts: 49  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hello, I bought 2 pcs SFP module Digitus DN-81003 to connect 2 GS1920 switches. https://www.assmann.com/product-pdf/4016032305682?PL=en

Unfortunately when I plug the module into the switches nothing happen. I expected that the port LED turns on.

The module claims to be compatible to Zyxel devices and so far I thought Zyxel don't have a vendor lock for SPF module.

Do I need to enable 3rd party products? On Cisco switches this can be done with terminal command by accepting loss of guaranty.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,656  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

In addition, we also provide some similar SFP models, please reference the model list below.

Zyxel Melen

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @FrankLauer,

ZYXEL switch products are recommended to be used exclusively with ZYXEL brand modules to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
    Using modules from third-party sources can potentially lead to decreased network performance and reliability, such as packet loss and connectivity issues, which also cannot be guaranteed by ZYXEL. ZYXEL may not offer technical support for networking issues that are identified as being caused by IOP with third-party modules.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Answer ✓
    Options

In addition, we also provide some similar SFP models, please reference the model list below.

Zyxel Melen

• FrankLauer
    FrankLauer Posts: 49  Freshman Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thank you for your answers.

But I think it was my fault because I bought 2pcs of the same SPF module instead in pairs. BiDi-transceivers needs to be used in corresponding pairs.