High CPU load for switches GS1900-24E

2»

All Replies

• AFT
    AFT Posts: 3
    First Comment

Hi Zyxel_Lucious

Thanks for the input, pretty interesting suggestion. I'm going to try this right now.

Thank you very much!

BR,

Marco

• AFT
    AFT Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited July 2019

@Zyxel_Lucious Fantastic, this did the trick with 100% CPU load! Thanks a lot and have a great day!👍️

• Tiron
    Tiron Posts: 5
    Friend Collector First Comment
    I am having the the same 100% CPU issue with GS1900-8HP here.
    Latest firmware V2.40(AAHI.2) | 06/05/2019, but solution from @Zyxel_Lucious is not working.
    After reboot the CPU is fine, haven't tested after which time it goes up.
    Any other hints for a solution? No loops detected.
  • Yuri_S
    Yuri_S Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Kindly check any security devices and solutions - antiviruses, network scanners, etc.
    In my situation problem was when LANSweeper started network scan. It always raised CPU load.

Regards
  • Tiron
    I'm newbie to network details. But is it possible that a rsync backup-job not finding the target could cause this mess? Deactivated the job on NAS and so far ... keep fingers crossed
  • Tiron
    And what about memory usage at 70% without real traffic (only my mac when writing this)?
    Only service that comes to my mind is the SAT>IP Server running.
  • Zyxel小編 Lucious
    Zyxel小編 Lucious Posts: 278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Tiron

Welcome to Zyxel community.

As @Yuri_S mentioned, some security related application/scanner may cause the issue.

Try using "Remote Access Control" (Configuration -> Management -> Remote Access Control) restricting a desired access IP range. It prevents untrusted packet from CPU processing.

As for memory, because of certain background process running in normal operating, the memory usage 70% can be considered no problem on GS1900 series.

Zyxel_Lucious
  • Tiron
    Would this be the correct setting to only allow one IP for remote access? All other will be ignored?

• Ace
    Ace Posts: 25  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector First Answer
    @Tiron
    No, your source ip mask is 255.255.255.0, its allow 192.168.5.0/24 to access switch.
    If you want to allow only for 192.168.5.20  to remote access, source ip mask should be "255.255.255.255".
  • Tiron
    Right! What a stupid mistake :s