Weird delay with WAX640S-6E

Options
Nicholas_S
Nicholas_S Posts: 1
edited October 2023 in WirelessLAN

So for personal use I picked up one of these when the priced dropped. Overall love the unit it preforms well and and has great coverage even as just a single AP. Not on nebula and working in stand alone mode. Using firmware 6.60(ACCM.2)C0 and powered with the Zyxel 2.5gb Poe injector

The problem I'm noticing is sometimes there is a delay when you make a connection after you have been connected to the unit for a while. For example say the computer has been on and connect for about a day , you go and open a new web browser and go to google. What happens it it will sit for about 5-6 seconds before connecting and showing the site, then everything after is instant and it does this on every application or site.

Now a weird twist is when you turn off Wi-Fi and turn it back on to reconnect everything is instant when it first connects. but again once it's been connected for a while (I think the shortest time I noticed was within 1 hour) the issue returns. (this is also after a reboot as well)

Also noticed this on multiple computers both my desktop and laptop.

And to add a bit more I still have a Ruckus R710 that I was using before, If I put that unit up in place of the WAX640S-6E then the issue goes away so it's purely from the Zyxel unit.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 962  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Nicholas_S

To wrap up our conversation, we carefully reviewed the wlanreport from your laptop and the diagnostic file from the access point. We did not identify any irregularities with the WAX640S-6E.

Thank you for informing us that the issue originated from setting your desktop's 2.5G NIC to a static network for another testing purpose. It appears that disabling the NIC resolved the connectivity delays, and everything is now functioning promptly.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi there,

We attempted to replicate your issue on our site using the same model and firmware version in Standalone mode, but were unable to do so. Could you please collect and send us the diagnostic and configuration files? You can send these files to us via private message by clicking my account > 'Message'.

For instructions on how to collect the diagnostic file, please refer to this link. For the configuration file, you can follow the guide available here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Nicholas_S

To wrap up our conversation, we carefully reviewed the wlanreport from your laptop and the diagnostic file from the access point. We did not identify any irregularities with the WAX640S-6E.

Thank you for informing us that the issue originated from setting your desktop's 2.5G NIC to a static network for another testing purpose. It appears that disabling the NIC resolved the connectivity delays, and everything is now functioning promptly.