VMG8623-T50B not getting full speed

Options
idk12345
idk12345 Posts: 2
First Comment
edited October 2023 in Home Router

Hi,

I have router Zyxel VMG8623-T50B and got 250mbit down/20mbit up plan, but when I try a speed test (rychlost.cz, speedtest.net, fast.com) i get only 100mbit/20mbit. Why could it possibly be? Also interesting thing to mention is when I open the System info, under Interface status in DSL, I get this:

Does it mean that the DSL port is getting those 200mbit?

Also I tried changing the firmware multiple times and resetting it but nothing helped. Also tried speed testing using Wifi and phone, but same issue there.

All Replies

• idk12345
    Options

Also here are my firmware versions:

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 849  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @idk12345

Welcome to the forum.

Yes the figures under DSL in your first screenshot shows that your router is getting the speeds you want as the line rate for your DSL connection.

Are you doing the speedtest over WiFi or Ethernet? If WiFi, then 2.4GHz band or 5GHz band? Also if WiFi, how far are you away from your router and does your device running the speedtest support fast speeds like 802.11ac?

If you are using WiFi, then the settings under Network Setting → Wireless→ Other could have an effect on your speeds, see below screenshot from the user guide at https://spdl.zyxel.com/VMG8623-T50B/user_guide/VMG8623-T50B_1.pdf

Many questions. Please let us know what you think.

Kind regards,

Tony

• Mrmoy
    Mrmoy Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

Hello. I have download and upload 1gb. But im not getting full speed. I am only getting around 300 to 400 mb. Is there anything i could do the speed up .

Warm regards

• Mrmoy
    First Comment
    Options

VMG8623-T50B router

• tonygibbs16
    edited February 16
    Options

Hello @Mrmoy

Welcome to the forum.

I cannot see your screenshot as it says 404 for me.

What firmware version are you on please? and how are you doing the speedtest?

If you are doing the speed test by WiFi, then the WiFi settings under Others that I mentioned in my October 2023 post could slow the speedtest down because not all of the WiFi standard versions go fast.

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi

So if you are speed testing using WiFi, then other settings and other WiFi devices can slow it down.

- maybe make sure that you are testing in 5GHz band and that the router is set-up to use 802.11ac only…and not a mixed mode.

Kind regards,

Tony

• Mrmoy
    First Comment
    Options

Firm ware V5.50(ABPM.7)C0

I go to fast.com to check speed.

Yes I have test the speed on 5g

Regards

• Mrmoy
    First Comment
    Options

How do I set-up to use 802.11ac only

• tonygibbs16
    edited February 17
    Options

Hi @Mrmoy

Use the Web Configurator and then select Network Setting then Wireless and then Others to set 802.11ac against the 5GHz band WiFi.

The 802.11ac is under Wireless → Others as an advanced wireless setting as the 802.11 Mode against 5GHz band:

Kind regards,

Tony

Consumer Product Help Center