License Activation

I am a residential customer that wants to manage his own APs in my home. I have an access point that will not run at full speed. I upgraded 5 devices today to Plus but I cannot get them activated.

I am beginning to regret purchasing from Zyxel, to be honest. This has been a frustrating and time-consuming effort thus far.

Accepted Solution

• bikeath1337
    bikeath1337 Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Answer ✓

Hello! Thank you for your help. I don't know why but everything works now. I suspect there is an issue with the cable that got 'fixed' when I unplugged the slow AP. So far all has been working at full speed.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 620  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch 50 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security

Hello @bikeath1337

Thank you for reaching out to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you're experiencing.

Based on your comments, it seems you're facing two issues:

1. AP can't provide the full speed: are you mentioning the link (as below screenshot) between AP and the uplink device, or the speed when the end device is connected to AP?
    2. Plus Licenses Activation: We've checked your license status, and they are now activated.

To further assist you in resolving these issues, could you please enable Zyxel Support Access and provide us with your Org/Site name as well as the MAC address of the affected AP?

Thank you.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Nami

• Zyxel_Nami
    Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch 50 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security

Hi @bikeath1337

Thank you for providing the information. I've saved it and will proceed to check the issue.

However, I forgot to mention earlier that it's best to send information via private message for security reasons. I would recommend removing your previous comment for safety.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Nami

• Zyxel_Nami

Hello @bikeath1337

We've reviewed your Nebula Site and noticed that the AP's link speed is indicated as 100M. Could you please confirm whether the AP is powered by a PoE device or an attached power adapter? Additionally, could you provide the model name of the uplink device?

Regarding the license, it appears to be activated now. Could you please elaborate on any issues you're experiencing with the license?

Nami

• Hi, it is powered by PoE. The uplink device (?) is from Orange (France) and is a LiveBox 6 which reports as Sagecom Broadband. I have several other Zyxel of the same model as the one you're looking at and they all run full speed. Could it be a wiring issue by change? I have cabled cat 6 home runs from the PoE switch to each of the Zyxel access points.

I thought that my old PoE switch didn't have enough power, so I purchased a new one with 250W, total, 30W per device…but that didn't fix the problem.

Licenses are activated. thank you.

• Zyxel_Nami

Hello @bikeath1337

To help us identify the issue, please perform the following physical tests:

Let's define the following for clarity:

• The AP with the issue: AP_01
    • The port on the switch connecting to AP_01: Port_01
    • The cable in use: Cable_01

Tests to perform:

1. Connect AP_01 to Port_01 using a different cable.
    2. Connect AP_01 to a different port on the switch using Cable_01.
    3. Connect the other AP (which is operating at full speed) to Port_01.

By conducting these tests, we can isolate which component may be causing the limited speed.

Additionally, is the switch you're using a managed or unmanaged switch? If it's a managed switch, you may want to check its port settings and force Port_01 to operate at 1000M. If possible, please also provide us with the Switch model name.

Nami

• Thank you. I am traveling for 2 days and will perform these checks later this week. Thank you so much for the follow-up.

• bikeath1337
    bikeath1337 Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Answer ✓

Hello! Thank you for your help. I don't know why but everything works now. I suspect there is an issue with the cable that got 'fixed' when I unplugged the slow AP. So far all has been working at full speed.

Service & License Help Center