UPDATE RGS200-12P VERSION 1.00(ABEP.2)C0

Options
Pedroj
Pedroj Posts: 53  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments

Hello, we have problems updating RGS-200 to the latest version 1.00(ABEP.2)C0
Apparently the switch works correctly after the update but if a restart is performed due to lack of power or a controlled restart, we lose web access to the configured IP, it does not respond to the default IP and we lose WEB access.
We don't know what the reason is, but it is a serious problem.
Is there any solution?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 509  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hello @Pedroj

Could you confirm which firmware version the RGS200-12P was running before the upgrade? Was it 1.00(ABEP.1)C0?

I would like to clarify the issue first. You've encountered a web access issue with your RGS200-12P switch after a firmware update to version 1.00(ABEP.2)C0. The device functions properly post-update, but a restart causes a loss of web access to the configured IP, and the default IP isn't responsive either. Please correct me if I've misunderstood any part of the issue.

Have you tried a different browser or incognito mode yet? Also, please try to access the web GUI using the HTTP protocol.

Regarding the default IP, ensure your computer's IP address is on the same subnet as the switch's default (192.168.1.x), and then try accessing the default IP 192.168.1.1 with the default credentials (admin/1234).

Zyxel Nami

• Pedroj
    Pedroj Posts: 53  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Options

I have already tried several browsers and I don't have ping with the device either.

I think I have detected the problem because a bad configuration in IP routes results in not being able to access.
    Where should the gateway be configured? in IP routes?

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 509  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello @Pedroj

Your current IP route configuration seems appropriate if your gateway's IP is set to 172.16.96.254.

The issue with your PC not being able to ping the device or access the web GUI likely stems from your PC being on a different subnet than the device. To resolve this, adjust your PC's network settings to ensure it's on the same subnet as the switch.

If your PC's IP has different subnet from the switch's, please make sure configuring the routing for these subnets in gateway device.

Zyxel Nami