gs-1910-24HP Not restarting after firmware update

Hi,

Looking for some help with as gs-1910-24HP switch.

I have followed the firmware update path and done each one in order, to V2.0 Switch took the firmware, restarted and seemed to be working ok, web gui confirmed V2.0.

Power cycled the switch, top green light flashes, then on, second flashes then on, both green lights on. But none of the port lights light up.

I have tried the hardware reset switch, no change.

Seems odd it was working until power cycled if the firmware was corrupted or similar? Any help to get this up and running agian?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,059  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments
    edited November 2023

Hi @maddiction

What device do you connect with GS1910-24HP? Did it link up before the switch reboot?
    If yes, could you connect the console cable and reboot it to check if the switch prints any error logs?
    Please check the link status and the configuration to see if the switch boots fine.

Also, if you want to reset this switch, please follow the steps below to reset, and feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

1.) Enter "Ctrl+C", while booting.

2.) Enter "default" to reset to default.
    3.) Enter "reset" to reboot and wait for config re-generation

4.) You can find the password and configuration have been reset.

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! 

• >What device do you connect with GS1910-24HP? Did it link up before the switch reboot?

LAN (i.e another switch to get to the internet connection) and the PC I was using to update the firmware via the web gui.

Connection was still good after doing the firmware update, gui was updated. Power cycling the switch it then would not come back up (the two green lights as mentioned but ports don't register a connection).

>If yes, could you connect the console cable and reboot it to check if the switch prints any error >logs?
    >Please check the link status and the configuration to see if the switch boots fine.

I am not having any luck connecting with the USB serial cable I have at the moment (guessing it's the cable as a second good switch also no connecting via console), will report back further when I get one that will connect me to the good one and I'v tried the poorly one.

Little miffed though why all would seem to have updated correctly and then not working after a power cycle!

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,059  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments
    edited December 2023

Hi @maddiction

I completely understand your frustration with the device not working after the firmware upgrade. However, the GS1910 series has reached its end of life, which does limit the support we can offer. But here's a suggestion that might help: try connecting to the switch with a console cable. This could provide more insight into the issue and this is the only method we can investigate your problem.

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!