ZyXEL ES-1528

Options

hey

I can’t access my switch on my home network. Can anyone help me? When I go to the default on it’s my normal router.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 584  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Sythesy

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot:

1. Check the Switch's IP Address via the Router's DHCP Table
      The switch may have already obtained a DHCP-assigned IP address from the router. To find the current IP address, check the router's DHCP table.
    2. Isolate your switch
      There's a potential IP conflict with the router, kindly disconnect your switch from the router temporarily and connect it directly to your PC. Try accessing the switch using its default IP address. After successful access, consider adjusting your switch's IP settings to either a static or DHCP-assigned IP. You can then access the switch using the updated IP in subsequent attempts.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Kay

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 584  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Sythesy

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot:

1. Check the Switch's IP Address via the Router's DHCP Table
      The switch may have already obtained a DHCP-assigned IP address from the router. To find the current IP address, check the router's DHCP table.
    2. Isolate your switch
      There's a potential IP conflict with the router, kindly disconnect your switch from the router temporarily and connect it directly to your PC. Try accessing the switch using its default IP address. After successful access, consider adjusting your switch's IP settings to either a static or DHCP-assigned IP. You can then access the switch using the updated IP in subsequent attempts.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Kay