[2023 November Security Monthly Express] Elevating Remote Access with SecuExtender SSL VPN Support
In the ever-evolving world of remote connectivity, VPNs have become an indispensable tool for businesses and individuals alike. In this article, we will delve into the significance of SSL VPN, explore why it is preferred over IPSec VPN, and provide a summary of the product highlights and compatibility of SecuExtender.
What is SSL VPN?
Secure Socket Layer Virtual Private Network (SSL VPN) is a secure and encrypted protocol that enables users to establish a secure connection between their devices and a private network over the internet. It uses SSL/TLS protocols to create a secure tunnel for transmitting data, ensuring confidentiality and integrity. SSL VPN provides a flexible and user-friendly approach to remote access, allowing users to connect from any location while maintaining stringent security measures.
Why do people prefer to use SSL VPN rather than IPSec VPN?
SSL VPN has gained popularity due to several compelling reasons:
- Ease of use: SSL VPNs operate through web browsers, which makes them more accessible to a wide range of users.
- Firewall compatibility: IP Sec VPN is supported across different vendors and platforms, making it compatible with a broad range of devices. However, configuration and interoperability can sometimes be complex, especially when dealing with different vendors and network environments.SSL VPNs are typically implemented using a web browser or a client software application, and they provide remote access to specific applications or resources. While SSL VPNs can work with firewalls from the same vendor, they are not limited to such configurations.
- Easy to traverse the network perimeters: Most Wi-Fi routers and other network equipment contain NAT firewalls. So they reject unrecognized Internet traffic and data packets without port numbers to protect against threats. IPSec VPN traffic using ESP or encapsulate ESP packets into UDP packets(usually UDP 4500) which could be block by network router/firewall. SSL VPN can using TCP port 443 like HTTPS are better suited for bypassing NAT firewalls. Since almost all networks allow HTTPS traffic through port 443. This makes SSL more helpful in bypassing firewalls and other forms of censorship that block port-based traffic.
- Portability: SSL VPN can be used on various devices, including laptops, smartphones, and tablets, providing users with flexibility and convenience.
SecuExtender SSL VPN support
SecuExtender, a leading VPN client, now incorporates SSLVPN support into its subscription plans. This update brings the Top 5 advantages, including:
- Robust Security: SecuExtender employs strong encryption algorithms to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of transmitted data, safeguarding sensitive information from unauthorized access.
- Platform Compatibility: SecuExtender is compatible with major operating systems, including Windows, and macOS.
- Seamless Integration: With SSLVPN support, SecuExtender seamlessly integrates with existing infrastructure, including firewalls and network configurations, allowing for hassle-free implementation.
- User-Friendly Interface: SecuExtender boasts an intuitive and user-friendly interface, making it easy for both technical and non-technical users to configure and establish VPN connections.
- Cost-Effective Subscription Plans: SecuExtender offers flexible and cost-effective subscription plans, catering to the needs of individuals and businesses of all sizes.
The addition of SSLVPN support to SecuExtender's subscription plans marks a significant milestone in providing users with enhanced security, flexibility, and ease of use. Whether you are a tech-savvy individual or a business seeking reliable and secure remote connectivity, SecuExtender with SSL VPN support is poised to deliver a seamless and robust solution.
- All Categories
- 300 Beta Program
- 1.9K Nebula
- 103 Nebula Ideas
- 72 Nebula Status and Incidents
- 4.8K Security
- 4 USG FLEX H Series
- 242 Security Ideas
- 1.1K Switch
- 54 Switch Ideas
- 807 WirelessLAN
- 29 WLAN Ideas
- 5.5K Consumer Product
- 178 Service & License
- 309 News and Release
- 122 Success Stories
- 69 Security Advisories
- 19 Education Center
- 5 [Campaign] Zyxel Network Detective
- 1.3K FAQ
- 556 Nebula FAQ
- 349 Security FAQ
- 118 Switch FAQ
- 147 WirelessLAN FAQ
- 33 Consumer Product FAQ
- 114 Service & License FAQ
- 34 Documents
- 34 Nebula Monthly Express
- 70 About Community
- 56 Security Highlight