NWA55AXE - Only as repeater

Options

Hello, i got a consumer class wifi router (wind3 hub H389Xv11) witch worked pretty well with 2 WX3100-TO smart mesh range extenders (autoconfig). I bought this product because i want to cover with a good signal the outdoors with a product with waterproof proficiency. I simply want to extend (without specific performance optimization needs) the router SSID outdoors…is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 503  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @HellOwiN

How do you want to connect the NWA55AXE to your router H389Xv11, via wired or wireless? Or do you want to connect NWA55AXE to WX3100-TO?

Let's look at the possibilities:

1. Wired Connection: In case you are looking to connect via an Ethernet cable, the NWA55AXE can certainly be used to extend your internet range. This setup involves physically connecting the NWA55AXE to your network with an Ethernet cable.
    2. Wireless Connection: If you're considering connecting the single NWA55AXE to your network site wirelessly, it's essential to note that smart mesh compatibility varies between models. As of now, the NWA55AXE does not support mesh networking with the other models. This means that they cannot directly establish a mesh network wirelessly.

Zyxel Nami

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @HellOwiN

How do you want to connect the NWA55AXE to your router H389Xv11, via wired or wireless? Or do you want to connect NWA55AXE to WX3100-TO?

Let's look at the possibilities:

1. Wired Connection: In case you are looking to connect via an Ethernet cable, the NWA55AXE can certainly be used to extend your internet range. This setup involves physically connecting the NWA55AXE to your network with an Ethernet cable.
    2. Wireless Connection: If you're considering connecting the single NWA55AXE to your network site wirelessly, it's essential to note that smart mesh compatibility varies between models. As of now, the NWA55AXE does not support mesh networking with the other models. This means that they cannot directly establish a mesh network wirelessly.

Zyxel Nami

• HellOwiN
    Options

Ok, got it. Thought zyxel smart mesh compatible with other devices of the same brand.

I've already tried NWA55AXE as root AP and woks fine (directly connected with the router eth), but my need is to use it only as the router's SSIDD wireless repeater, connected only with the power supply.

So i guess the only way is to buy another NWA55AXE to use as repeater (with the main as AP Root) or buy another device at all (only to propagate the existing SSID outdoors)…am i right?

Thanks for fast reply

• Zyxel_Nami
    Options

Hello @HellOwiN

Let me clarify the mesh network capabilities between the NWA55AXE and WX3100-TO.

The NWA55AXE features the Smart Mesh function, which is specifically designed for use within the Nebula Cloud platform. This function is ideal for expanding your network wirelessly in areas where Ethernet cable deployment is challenging. On the other hand, the WX3100-TO utilizes Zyxel MPro Mesh® Solutions, compliant with EasyMesh standards. These two mesh technologies are distinct and not interchangeable, as they are tailored to different network ecosystems.

To deploy the NWA55AXE in an area without Ethernet infrastructure, setting up a mesh network is a practical solution. Therefore, you may consider getting the additional NWA55AXE or other models that also support the Smart Mesh features. Please visit our AP models section for more detailed information.

Feel free to reach out if you have further questions.

Zyxel Nami