Implementing VLAN and MTU Configuration in Outdoor mobile router's Cellular WAN Settings

Options
Zyxel_Judy
Zyxel_Judy Posts: 939  Zyxel Employee
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited January 2 in Consumer Idea

In response to the requirements highlighted by user @bluechris , we propose the addition of a feature enabling the configuration of VLAN and MTU settings in the Outdoor MR’s Cellular WAN interface, such as NR7101 and FWA710.

This suggestion originated from the discussion found here: Nebula FWA710 vlan missing — Zyxel Community

If anyone likes this idea, please feel free to leave a comment or click vote.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• bluechris
    Options

Thank you for this.

What i want to ask is what maked Zyxel to have this features in indoor routers and not in outdoor ones?

I had expressed my feelings for this features in the previous discussion there is nothing more to add i think :)

Merry Christmass to all btw.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 939  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your query regarding the feature differences between our mobile routers. These variations are not due to any specific reason; rather, they are adjusted to meet the diverse needs of different projects and customers. We value the customer's input and are constantly evaluating features.

Stay updated with the latest enhancements and new features by following our official website and community forums.

Wishing you a Happy New Year!

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• ApanCure
    Options

The addition of the aforementioned features should add up value for users of external 5G routers made by Zyxel. You have great products already, missing some basic configuration utilities for above-the-average users is a no-go. Please fix this.

• malakudi
    malakudi Posts: 39  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

VLAN can be configured just fine in LTE7480-M804. I have it working. What is missing?

MTU setting should always be available, it is weird that it is not exposed in web interface.

• Borg74
    Options

Being able to configure vlan's and mtu will be an addition that will make the product complete. Also will add to the product being purchased by more "experienced users". It is strange that these settings are configurable in other zyxel 5g models and not in the outdoor 5g models. Please include this features in future firmware release.

Consumer Product Help Center