Colinh
Colinh Posts: 4
First Comment
edited May 21 in Wireless

Hi

I have just purchased a NWA90AW, however I don't know which SSID is which

Need to label them as 2.4G and 5G on the broadcast

How do I tell which is which from this screenshot

I guessed the SSID1 would be the 2.4G and the SSID2 the 5G, but download speed appears to be the same

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,124  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Colinh ,

The screenshot you shared displays all eight edited SSID profiles and one default SSID profile on your NWA90AX. To identify which SSID is currently in use with which band, please navigate to Settings > Wireless > AP Management.

Additionally, you have the option to disable any SSIDs that are not in use. You can also modify the SSID name and security settings by clicking on the edit icon (represented by a pen).

Share yours now! https://bit.ly/4aO0BMF

Judy

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Colinh ,

Also going back to the 1st screenshot I sent you, are all those SSID's in use or is it just the first 2 or maybe 4 ?

You can decide the number of SSID to broadcast by applying them to Settings > Wireless > AP Management.

should Wiz_SSID_1 be named 2.4G and Wis_SSID_2 be named as 5G ?

You can independently set different SSIDs for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, as illustrated in the first screenshot I shared.

For more detailed information, please refer to the FAQ.

Judy

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Colinh ,

The screenshot you shared displays all eight edited SSID profiles and one default SSID profile on your NWA90AX. To identify which SSID is currently in use with which band, please navigate to Settings > Wireless > AP Management.

Additionally, you have the option to disable any SSIDs that are not in use. You can also modify the SSID name and security settings by clicking on the edit icon (represented by a pen).

Judy

• Colinh
    First Comment
    edited January 5
    Options

Thanks Judy

So would this screenshot be correct

I assume I change Wiz_SSID2_2 to the same ?

Moving down to the Radio 2 setting, I would change this to NWA90AX West Wing 5G ? got both of the SSID profile settings ?

Also going back to the 1st screenshot I sent you, are all those SSID's in use or is it just the first 2 or maybe 4 ?

Thanks

• Colinh
    First Comment
    Options

Hi Judy

No this has not worked the way I think it should have

By changing the name in the 2.4G, Radio 1 section, this also changes the entries on the Radio 2 section to the same

So, should Wiz_SSID_1 be named 2.4G and Wis_SSID_2 be named as 5G ?

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Colinh ,

You can decide the number of SSID to broadcast by applying them to Settings > Wireless > AP Management.

should Wiz_SSID_1 be named 2.4G and Wis_SSID_2 be named as 5G ?

You can independently set different SSIDs for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, as illustrated in the first screenshot I shared.

For more detailed information, please refer to the FAQ.

Judy

• Colinh
    First Comment
    Options

Hi Judy

Only the 1st 2 SSID's are in use, although going back into the menu today its only showing this

It seems its deleted the others on its own

Naming both the MBSSID settings to the same, appears to have sorted the problem, and Wi-Fi items

appear to be picking whichever band than can use

Thanks

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi there,

It is great to hear that the issue is solved. Let me provide some additional insights regarding your concerns.

It seems its deleted the others on its own

The screenshot from your last comment displays all the radio profiles available to you. It means Configuration > Subject > AP profile > Radio tab and SSID tabs show all radio and SSID profile than can be apply to your AP if you want. In your case, they are all visible because you initially set up the system using the Wizard method.

In the Settings > Wireless > AP Management, if you choose to disable the SSID at 2.4GHz or 5GHz, this means that your devices (like phones, PCs, etc.) will no longer be able to see the SSID (Wi-Fi name).

Judy