MWS
MWS Posts: 3
First Comment
edited January 21 in USG FLEX H Series

Hi again

I upgraded my setting:

• Office: FritzBox > Flex 100H
  • Home: FritzBox > Flex 100H

I have a static IP in both locations and I would like to do a site-to-site VPN with IPsec. At the beginning I tried to just open ESP and UDP 500/4500 and tried to follow the example for a direct connection ("How to Configure Site-to-site IPSec VPN Where the Peer has a Static IP Address" in the handbook). That did not work, so I set the Flex 100Hs as exposed hosts in the Fritzbox. If I type the public IP in the browser I reach them. I again followed the example and then tried to connect, but no success (I used the public IPs as "my address" and "peer gateway address"). It says (also before when I did not have them as exposed hosts):

Command failed: CHILD_SA config 'sec_policy1_OfficeToHome' not found

I can't see anything being blocked in the log. Any idea what's missing?

Edit: never mind, I returned the devices.

All Replies

• SANIC
    SANIC Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

HI,

I have exactly the same problem but with Flex 200H on FW V1.20(ABWV.0)

Built the Tunnel custom, and also with wizard. The same problem. It shows the red Icon for a Problem, but it can't be solved. If you press solve, nothing happens.

I really need help with this.

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,797  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Post both ends interface listing and site to site settings

• Zyxel_James
    Zyxel_James Posts: 624  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

is it both sides behind NAT? could you provide your VPN configuration?

• SANIC
    First Comment
    edited April 30
    Options

both sides routed Subnet without NAT
    tripple checked both sides settings:
    AES256-SHA512-DH21-86400
    AES256-SHA512-DH21-28800
    Secret for Testing: Abcd1234 (changed it because I wanted to check if a special Character causes the problems)

I also tried other encryptions and also tried misconfiguration on one side, but the behavior won't change

Debug Log on 200H on reconfiguration save shows: yams ERROR zldipsec:216 - params sec_policy1_XXXX

2nd Site USG60 shows on connection attempt No_proposal_choosen in normal Log.

I'd rather not share my complete VPN-config with unmasked IP's at an open board. 😉 idk if PM is here possible.

• SANIC
    First Comment
    Options

I took a look at this support site: https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/de/articles/15718397333906--USG-FLEX-H-Serie-Firewall-Konfigurieren-von-IPSec-Site-To-Site-VPN-auf-der-USG-FLEX-H-Serie-Firewall-mit-dynamischer-IP

I compared the views and settings-options.
    On my Firewall there is no option for Active Protocoll or Encapsulation at Phase 2 Policy Settings:

Maybe FW Bug at 1.20 ? I created the tunnels on 1.20.