WAP3205v3 VLAN Client Mode DHCP problem

Options

Hello, I buyed new one wap3205v3. I want to use client mode with my TpLink 620HD accespoint in VLAN. When connected to(SSID IPTV VLANID 103) in client mode to 620HD , wap3205v3 doesn't get dhcp IP but if connect to same SSID with laptop wifi it gets IP succesfull. Where is the problem?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,104  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @emrahmercan

Before configuring WAP3205V3 as a Client Bridge.

You can access the WAP3205V3 at EX 192.168.1.2 by setting a static IP (e.g., 192.168.1.X) on your laptop within the same subnet via Ethernet cable.

After access the web GUI, you can go to Network >Lan to switch the Lan IP to the same subnet as your above router.

After done the settings and make sure you can access the WAP3205V3 with the "changed IP address EX:192.168.10.90" , you can start to change the mode to client bridge mode.

To check the changed IP, need to set a static IP (e.g., 192.168.10.X) on your laptop

After all the settings is done.
    Ping the WAP3205v3 IP address from the router above to check the ping check status.

Now is available to utilize the static IP on the WAP3205v3 to connect to the device using an Ethernet cable. This allows you to check the status of the device.

• emrahmercan
    Options

Thanks for your answer. I did that but no solution. My VLANID103 has DHCP server and it gives with 100.115.X.X, 255.255.252.0 subnet. I don't understand how is my pc getting IP and why ZYXEL can't do it.

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,104  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @emrahmercan

I deployed the settings based on the information you provided in my local lab to extend the SCR 50AXE router's Wi-Fi.

Here are some related interface settings and configs for your reference.

Lan interface

Preshared key

Wireless broadcast Vlan ID

Here is the config on WAP3205V3

Results on Windows laptop with the ethernet cable connected to WAP3205V3

• emrahmercan
    Options

Thanks for your Configuration example. Yes i did that and it works but diffrence is dhcp server not mine, dhcp server config another network and i cant give static ip to zyxel. Also i did try same config(using my example) with Dlink access router (client mode) it get ip and it works with no problem. I think there is something with zyxel stack