SFP+ compatibility with Synology NAS

Options

I have a Zyxel XGS1930-52HP router with 4 SFP+ ports. I am about to buy a Synology NAS (822+) with a 2 SFP+ ports. I am wondering if any SFP+ complient cable will work or if I need something special. I heard that some brand ask fort cable with specific tags to be compliant.

The specific ref I want to use is 10G-TWINSFP+3M

Thanks !

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 577  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ThomasP_FR74

Our switch doesn’t set specific tags to be compliant.

However, ZYXEL switch products are recommended to be used exclusively with ZYXEL brand modules to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
    Using modules from third-party sources can potentially lead to decreased network performance and reliability, such as packet loss and connectivity issues, which also cannot be guaranteed by ZYXEL. ZYXEL may not offer technical support for networking issues that are identified as being caused by IOP with third-party modules.

For the XGS1930-52 HP, we recommend using the DAC that we have listed on the XGS1930-52HP datasheet, which is DAC10G-1M and DAC10G-3M.

Additionally, if you are using a DAC in the 10G interface of the switch, do remember to change the media type on the Basic Setting > Port Setup to dac10G.

Kay

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 577  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ThomasP_FR74

Our switch doesn’t set specific tags to be compliant.

However, ZYXEL switch products are recommended to be used exclusively with ZYXEL brand modules to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
    Using modules from third-party sources can potentially lead to decreased network performance and reliability, such as packet loss and connectivity issues, which also cannot be guaranteed by ZYXEL. ZYXEL may not offer technical support for networking issues that are identified as being caused by IOP with third-party modules.

For the XGS1930-52 HP, we recommend using the DAC that we have listed on the XGS1930-52HP datasheet, which is DAC10G-1M and DAC10G-3M.

Additionally, if you are using a DAC in the 10G interface of the switch, do remember to change the media type on the Basic Setting > Port Setup to dac10G.

Kay