Port Issue

Options
Brianza
Brianza Posts: 10
First Comment

I have a GS1920HP switch that has been working very well for a number of years. Yesterday and out of the blue I lost connection to two APs which the switch was powering. On the system log I get this sort of message:

5 Jan 01 04:24:00 DE interface: Port 37 link down
6 Jan 01 04:23:35 DE interface: Port 37 link up
7 Jan 01 04:23:31 DE interface: Port 37 link down
8 Jan 01 04:23:08 DE interface: Port 37 link up
9 Jan 01 04:23:05 NO system: PethPse Port 37 OnOff Trap, Port Detection Status is Delivering Power

On moving the APs to other ports on the switch all worked well. To troubleshoot I tried connecting a non POE device and still there was no activity and the LEDs on the switch remained off. I suspect that the switch developed a fault over these years but I am unsure as it seems to be detecting that a device is plugged in.

I also don't think that it is a firmware issue as this has been working well for many years.

Brian

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,670  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 26
    Options

Hi @Brianza,

Based on your description, it seems your switch has a hardware issue on port 37. Could you also do a loop test? Please connect the issue port with a normal port and check if it occurs loop. If not, please follow the link below to raise an RMA request:

https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/360002463234-How-do-I-claim-warranty-service-for-my-Zyxel-product-RMA-Process-

Zyxel Melen

• Brianza
    First Comment
    Options

Thank you Melen, would I see the "loop error" in the system log please?

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @Brianza,

The loop error status only occurs when you enable the loop guard. So, if you have enabled it, the answer would be yes.
    If you did not enable it, you only need to check if the link LED keeps blinking.

Zyxel Melen

• Brianza
    First Comment
    Options

Got it thank you

• Bolzy
    Bolzy Posts: 6
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Hi I have a connection FWA with a router Wind tre Hub. I have also a wifi Theft Protection system (Somfy alarm) connected tò the router and the Theft Protection system to work needs tò opened Ports (80 and 443) on the router. I have tried to open these ports by the NAT or the modem following the instructions of the modem manual and also with the help of the Somfy assistance, but the ports didn't open.

The operator Wind tre doesn't give assistance about Port issue. 😔😔

Someone could help me ?

tX

• Brianza
    First Comment
    Options

Hi,

this is a different port issue to mine. Here you are talking about TCP/UDP ports whereas my question was about physical ports. What is your firewall and can you post a picture of the network diagram?

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options

Hi @Bolzy

Could you pm me your org and site name and enable zyxle support? We will help to check during the offline hours.

Zyxel Melen

• Brianza
    First Comment
    Options

in your hands Melen.

• Bolzy
    Options

Ho Melen excuseme, but I don't understand what you mean and what I have tò do.

Whats's My org ??

Which site name ?

How to enable Zyxel support ?

Tx

• Bolzy
    Options

Well I'm a private person, no org.

🤷🤷