My XGS1010-12 has stopped working - how can I get tech support?

Options
timpecter
timpecter Posts: 5
First Comment
edited February 17 in Switch

My XGS1010-12 switch suddenly stopped working. I've tried swapping around the connections and power cycling but nothing seems to be working. The LED lights light up but there is no network. Can someone please respond ASAP.

My serial number is S222L13001319. This was purchased in Dec '22.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 581  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @timpecter

Thank you for sharing your ping results.

While only the PC and Mac are connected to the switch, the ping is successful, indicating that the switch's forwarding function is working properly.

However, when you connected a router to the switch, the devices didn’t connect to the internet, and the PC couldn't ping the Mac. This issue may be related to your router configuration.

Please contact your router's support for further assistance.

Kay

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    edited February 22
    Options

Hi @timpecter ,

To better assist you, could you please provide us with the following details:

1. Prior to the issue, did the switch operate normally? Have there been any recent changes to your network connection?
    2. Which LED lights are currently illuminated? Are both the SYS and LINK LEDs lit up?
    3. If the LINK light is on, have you checked whether the clients are receiving IP addresses from the DHCP server?
    4. If the LINK light isn't on, could you please verify if there might be a network loop causing the issue in your network environment?

Your cooperation in providing these details will help us pinpoint the cause of the issue more accurately and provide you with the best possible solution.

Kay

• timpecter
    First Comment
    Options

Hello, thank you for your response. See my replies below:

1. Yes, prior to the issue the switch operated normally. I had not made any changes to the network connections or configuration. Incidentally, after the issue arose I tried a number of different connections with no success. I did return it to the original configuration, and after a while it did eventually begin working again. But now it has stopped again.
    2. The power LED is illuminated. And I have removed all but two connections:
      1. Port 9 is connected to my PC 1Gb ethernet port. < LED is blinking green.
      2. Port 10 is connected to the 2.5Gb port on my ISP-provided router. > LED is blinking blue.
    3. Yes, PC is getting IP address from DCHP server.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

• Zyxel_Kay
    edited March 21
    Options

Hi @timpecter

I did return it to the original configuration, and after a while it did eventually begin working again.

Since the XGS1010-12 is an unmanaged switch, could you please specify the configuration you referred to here?

Additionally, based on your description, the LED status of your switch appears to be normal, and your PC is obtaining a DHCP IP as usual. The issue may not be related to this switch, but rather to other networking devices in your environment that could be affecting it. To assist you further, we would appreciate it if you could provide the following information:

1. What is your network topology?
    2. Have you attempted directly connecting the device to your ISP-provided router to check for any network connection issues?
    3. While the issue occurs, could you please try connecting two end devices (e.g., PCs) to the switch and assist in pinging the connections between these two devices connected under the switch? Also, ping the uplink device. Kindly share the ping results with us, as this will provide clearer insights into the issue.

Kay

• timpecter
    First Comment
    Options

By configuration, I mean I just returned the physical cable connections to their original state.

Network topology - see attached.

Can you please give me specific instructions for pinging between my devices? I only have the PC wired to the switch wired to the router, as shown in my diagram. I could attach another device via ethernet if you think it would help. Or can I try pinging a device which is attached via wifi.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @timpecter

To troubleshoot whether the switch is properly forwarding traffic, you can follow these instructions:

1. Connect two PCs under the switch XGS1010-12.
    2. Press the shortcut: Win+R to open the “Run” box, then type "cmd" and click “OK” to open Windows Command Prompt.
    3. You can then check your PCs’ IP addresses using the command:
      ipconfig
    4. Ping PC A from PC B and check for success. Please share the results with us.
      ping <PC A’s IP address>

Kay

• timpecter
    First Comment
    Options

Thanks for the instructions -

With ONLY the PC and Macbook connected to the switch:

From PC to Mac:

From Mac to PC:

• timpecter
    First Comment
    Options

With the PC and Mac and Router plugged into the switch I can ping the PC from the Mac with similar results as above but ping from PC to Mac returns "Destination host unreachable" and neither PC nor Mac can access the internet nor reach the router.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @timpecter

Thank you for sharing your ping results.

While only the PC and Mac are connected to the switch, the ping is successful, indicating that the switch's forwarding function is working properly.

However, when you connected a router to the switch, the devices didn’t connect to the internet, and the PC couldn't ping the Mac. This issue may be related to your router configuration.

Please contact your router's support for further assistance.

Kay