USGFLEX200H - recommendations

Options
OWB
OWB Posts: 24  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Hi,

I'm seeking users with USGFLEX200H experiences.

We are considering to update our VPN series IGW, and actually did order a USGFLEX200H from our IT distributor. However, they got back to us, informing us that the wholesaler advised them not to sell the product yet, since the SW in the product still lacks stability. I'm not completely sure if it comes from Zyxel directly.

Anyone using USGFLEX200H, who would like to share some experiences?

Best regards Ole.

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,083  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @OWB

Thank you for your comment and feedback to us. Because the USG Flex 200 H is a newer product than the USG Flex 200, some features will be completed and enhanced in the future. You can depend on your requirements to choose the appropriate firewall product solution. Please refer to the below datasheets to check the detailed specifications:

USG Flex 200H datasheet

USG Flex 200 datasheet

Thank you.

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @OWB

Thank you for your further inquiries. The USG Flex H series model plans to support the AP Controller feature in 2024, Q4.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,798  Guru Member
    Options

Depending on what you need the FLEX200H may do all you need if in doubt go with the FLEX200

• OWB
    Options

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your comment.

The FLEX200H tempt me, since it's my understanding that the os is of a newer family than the FLEX200, so from a future perspective, support, EOL and so on, I thought it would be a better choice.

But if it is not yet a stable platform, I better go with the FLEX200.

Best regards Ole

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @OWB

Thank you for your comment and feedback to us. Because the USG Flex 200 H is a newer product than the USG Flex 200, some features will be completed and enhanced in the future. You can depend on your requirements to choose the appropriate firewall product solution. Please refer to the below datasheets to check the detailed specifications:

USG Flex 200H datasheet

USG Flex 200 datasheet

Thank you.

• OWB
    Options

Hi Zyxel_Jeff,

Thanks for your comment.

I have already had a closer look at the datasheets. (If you ask me, it's a bit of a shame they are not structured the same way, it makes it unnecessarily difficult to compare them)

It surprised me a bit, that it seems that AccessPoint Management is not possible with USG Flex 200 H, can you confirm that it is not possible and will not be in a future update?

Best regards Ole.

• Zyxel_Jeff
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @OWB

Thank you for your further inquiries. The USG Flex H series model plans to support the AP Controller feature in 2024, Q4.

Security Highlight