GS1200-5 trunk port

Options

Looking into this product and i was wondering how do i create a trunk port to the router and vlans assigned to each port?

in more detail i would like to have eth1 to be trunk port and carry all vlans to my router, eth2-5 assigned to vlan20,30,40,50 respectively.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 503  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @atux_null

Your setup requires configuring port 1 (eth1) as a trunk port to allow traffic from all VLANs to reach your router. To achieve this, set port 1 as a Tagged Egress Member (orange box) for each VLAN and its PVID at 1.

For other ports (eth2 → eth5), it is important to know if the connected devices are VLAN-aware to determine the correct VLAN configuration.

Please consult our detailed FAQ for step-by-step guidance:

Remember, ensuring your router is configured to recognize these VLANs is crucial for successful communication.

Please let us know if anything needs to be clarified

Zyxel Nami

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 503  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @atux_null

Your setup requires configuring port 1 (eth1) as a trunk port to allow traffic from all VLANs to reach your router. To achieve this, set port 1 as a Tagged Egress Member (orange box) for each VLAN and its PVID at 1.

For other ports (eth2 → eth5), it is important to know if the connected devices are VLAN-aware to determine the correct VLAN configuration.

Please consult our detailed FAQ for step-by-step guidance:

Remember, ensuring your router is configured to recognize these VLANs is crucial for successful communication.

Please let us know if anything needs to be clarified

Zyxel Nami