WBE660S will not connect to other devices on 5ghz radio

Options
JxxAxxY
JxxAxxY Posts: 2
First Comment
edited March 5 in WirelessLAN

I have been trying to track this down of why randomly I couldn't access other local devices. I have a TP Link Wireless Extender and a Reolink Wifi Doorbell. If I connect via 2.4ghz radio or the 6ghz radio both apps on my phone will find the devices. Tether App for TP Link and Reolink for Reolink Wifi Doorbell using Apple or Android phone. If I move far enough away from the AP so it switches from the 6ghz to the 5ghz radio, then try searching with the apps. It will not find either device. Its like the AP isn't allowing traffic on 5ghz radios to other wireless devices. At this point I am stumped as to why the 5ghz isn't allowing to see other devices on the network. Here are my current settings below.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 577  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @JxxAxxY

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We've replicated the issue on our end and are actively working to address it. Rest assured, we'll keep you updated on any progress we make.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your patience as we work towards a solution.

Kay

• JxxAxxY
    JxxAxxY Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Great!

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 577  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @JxxAxxY and All,

Regarding the 5GHz radio connectivity issue, we are actively working on a resolution and plan to address it in our upcoming official firmware update. The release of this firmware is scheduled for Q3 2024. Stay tuned to the https://community.zyxel.com/en/categories/wlan-news-and-release for the latest firmware updates.

Kay