Howto Import SSL Certificate into NWA50ax Pro

Options
khwatson
khwatson Posts: 56  Ally Member
10 Comments Friend Collector

I am trying to install an SSL certificate on my Zyxel NWA50AX Pro. I’m running firmware v6.65(1). When I go to: Configuration>Object>Certificate>My Certificates>Import, it gives error:

errno: -13011

errmsg: PKI certificate type is not supported.

I generated the self-signed certificate with PFsense in PCKS12 format. The certificate has file extension .p12 and size 4kb. What is the procedure to install this certificate?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 952  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @khwatson ,

Could you verify if you entered the correct password that was set during the export of the PKCS #12 file?

Additionally, to ensure the successful import of the certificate, please adhere to the following guidelines:

• The name of the imported certificate must be different from any certificate currently stored in the AP.
    • Ensure there are no spaces in the certificate's filename before attempting to import it.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @khwatson ,

Could you verify if you entered the correct password that was set during the export of the PKCS #12 file?

Additionally, to ensure the successful import of the certificate, please adhere to the following guidelines:

• The name of the imported certificate must be different from any certificate currently stored in the AP.
    • Ensure there are no spaces in the certificate's filename before attempting to import it.

• khwatson
    khwatson Posts: 56  Ally Member
    10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

Judy:

I chose to export the certificate from pfsense without a password and tried to input into the access point without the password. When I exported and imported with a password, everything worked. The original error message "PKI certificate type is not supported" is misleading and needs to be improved.

Thank you for your support.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Options

Hi @khwatson ,

Thank you for your feedback. We'll plan to enhance the error messages more accurately reflect the issues.