Authentication turned off, but want to use a common password, for all connecting through my system

Options
Obiwan_Pierogi
Obiwan_Pierogi Posts: 10  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment

I have an N-4100 Zyxel … Right now I have the authentication turned off.. As I am adjacent to a highway, this opens my system up as anyone can connect..
I see in the wizard, you can add a WPA password, but I have 3 separate transmitter/receivers connected to the LAN plugins.. Is there a way thatr if anyone connects to either of my 3 transmitters, that the Zyxel would ask for a log on password first?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,656  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Obiwan_Pierogi,

If you mean the SSID of your access points, you can set WPA password for the SSID. Then the clients who want to connect the SSID will need to enter the password to connect.

Zyxel Melen

• Obiwan_Pierogi
    Obiwan_Pierogi Posts: 10  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

I can use a password, WPA2, but that only works from the base station.. I have 3 other receiver/transmitters, connected to separate LAN plug ins, which service various parts of my campground.. Is there a way to secure the LAN connections, with the same WPA2 password?

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,656  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Obiwan_Pierogi,

To secure the LAN connections, I think the only feature on N4100 is the authentication.

Please be aware that the N4100 model has reached its End of Life (EOL) status, which means our support for this model will be limited.

If you want to secure your LAN network, you might need to consider a switch for your LAN service. A switch with IP source guard/port security/port authentication should suit your requirements. You may consider Zyxel GS1920.

Zyxel Melen