Using NWA1123-ACv2 to build a mesh

Options
rich_b
rich_b Posts: 4
First Comment

Hi,

I have one NWA1123-ACv2 which I am using as a wifi access point. It is wired to my ISP router that provides the gateway to the internet.

I would like to add two new APs to extend wifi coverage in my house on the same SSID. I would like to reuse the ACv2 if possible.

I understand that the ACv2 is now replaced by the NWA1123ACV3. Can I purchase two of these, and link them with the ACv2 to form a wifi network with 3 APs and a single SSID? All APs would be hardwired back to the ISP router.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 577  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @rich_b

Absolutely, to enable roaming functionality, you simply need to configure the same SSID and security options for your AP SSID settings. This aspect isn't tied to the AP model itself but rather the network configuration.

Kay

All Replies

• rich_b
    First Comment
    Options

Just to add, I am not currently using Nebula.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Options

Hi @rich_b

Absolutely, you can purchase two NWA1123ACv2 units to extend your WiFi coverage. However, it's important to note that the NWA1123ACv2 has reached its End of Life (EOL) status. While it will continue to function, we advise considering our newer models like the NWA1123ACv3 or exploring our current offerings listed on Wireless | Zyxel Networks for better performance and ongoing support.

To ensure a seamless roaming environment, you can configure all APs with the same SSID and security options. For detailed instructions, please refer to this article:

For simplified management and monitoring, I highly recommend utilizing Nebula Cloud. With Nebula CC, you can centrally manage all your access points from a single platform, facilitating seamless configuration and maintenance across your network.

Kay

• rich_b
    First Comment
    Options

Hi Kay,

Thank you for your helpful reply. If I buy the newer mnodel NWA1123ACv3 can I use that alongside my one existing NWA1123ACv2 in the same network/SSID?

• Zyxel_Kay
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @rich_b

Absolutely, to enable roaming functionality, you simply need to configure the same SSID and security options for your AP SSID settings. This aspect isn't tied to the AP model itself but rather the network configuration.

Kay

• rich_b
    First Comment
    Options

That's super, thank you!