USG 4.33 Firmware Available - Experiences?

Options

All Replies

• dbgman
    Options
    So I did somemore research and found the text is missing in chrome but displays in internet explorer. I also tried on another computer and same result.
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,714  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Chrome runs fine no missing text in NAT.

Have upgraded:

USG40 V4.32 - V4.33 - fine

ZyWALL 110 V4.32 - V4.33 - fine

and USG60 V4.25 to V4.33 was fine but was unhappy about the QoS change so its back to V4.25 and may never get update.

• Puzzle
    Puzzle Posts: 4
    First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude First Comment
    edited February 2019
    Options
    We set our devices to auto update.
    This time two three of them (two ZyWALL110 and one USG 60) got stuck after the update.
    We had to restart them manually(by unplugging the power) in order to get them back up and running again.
    Otherwise everthing seems so be fine.
    I can also confirm that the SSL bug wiht SecuExtender on Windows 10 seems to be resolved.
  • itxnc
    itxnc Posts: 98  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options
    We also auto update. Most upgrades have gone smoothly (some USG20s, most USG40s, couple USG110s). One blew up pretty bad. Customer was having significant internet issues the 2 days after the upgrade. Internet would just go down for 3-5 minutes then come back up. When Spectrum came out and disconnected WAN cable to test modem then put WAN cable back - router wouldn't get a WAN IP. Web GUI was dead (from local LAN) and would not respond. Reboots didn't help either issue. Finally was able to SSH in and activate/reboot to the v4.32 firmware and everything came back up. Lord try finding that command in the CLI manual under common keywords. Finally stumbled upon it using auto complete at the command prompt. The magic word is activate (not image, firmware, reboot, apply, etc hahaha)

Had another client also have intermittent Internet issues post update (USG20), they rebooted the router themselves yesterday. Need to talk to them and see how bad it was. Web GUI was accessible via IPSec.

One commonality I discovered? Both had SecuManager activated from when we tested that out a while back (but aren't currently using). None of the other routers that went to 4.33 did and they had no issue. Could be coincidence, but definitely curious. I disabled it and will try upgrading the troublesome router again next week. Need to download the logs and take a closer look.
  • itxnc
    Options
    PeterUK said:

and USG60 V4.25 to V4.33 was fine but was unhappy about the QoS change so its back to V4.25 and may never get update.

What QoS change? Didn't see anything obvious in the release notes...
  • itxnc
    Options
    Log file post upgrade was massive 81MB vs the usual 4-5MB. Had trouble downloading it - may have to try FTP. Only got a portion after the firmware update. Also curious - after the upgrade, there were no logs saved until I rolled back:

The upgrade happened 2/3 around 2:25AM. Got a ton of Facebook WiFi errors right before the reboot (lord even in my routers I can't escape Facebook!)

Then a little while later, the web GUI died:

And the log file download didn't go much past that. Will try to download it again later (30 min drive so no easy access to the USB but hopefully I can download - otherwise I'll go grab the USB)
  • iSpeed
    iSpeed Posts: 110  Ally Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options
    ITXNC if you upgrade to 4.33 and then factory reset / reprogram firewall would that correct the issues? Most of mine seem to be running ok, but I've had occasional Internet outage on 2 of them. Considering the factory reset to clear everything.
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,714  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    itxnc said:
    PeterUK said:

What QoS change? Didn't see anything obvious in the release notes...

It was done without being in the release notes I think.

https://businessforum.zyxel.com/discussion/comment/6552/#Comment_6552

• itxnc
    Options
    Ah that's an interesting change... That's actually better for us - we often squelch upload bandwidth for clients with small upload pipes to leave headroom for ACKs. Honestly didn't think they were ever in the BWM chain so w/4.25 for us - there was actually no point leaving the headroom. Now it makes more sense. But can see how it would affect what you're trying to do with BWM. Seems like they could make it a toggle...
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    @itxnc
    Can I know which firmware version did you upgrade from?From firmware 4.25 version?
    I will private message you for more details.
    @PeterUK
    Regarding to the case of BWM,
    we will enhance this feature on further release, and the schedule will be around Q4.
    Charlie

Security Highlight