Smart mesh went bananas

saltet
saltet Posts: 28  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments

my new smartmesh with three Nwe130 BE went offline this morning. The ap;s was installed and running a week a go and all went well. The root ap is connected to Zyxel 5101. The root ap is still green but the other two are red indicated.
Looking at the log something is happening. ?

Why is the smartmesh offline.
You Zyxel team have access to my account.
can you please give mean advice.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,140  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments
    Answer ✓

Hi @saltet,

After checking, we found that your APs crashed many times. That is why the smart mesh was offline.

In addition, since your APs have been upgraded to the latest firmware which fixes the crash issue, they are working well after 6/20. Please help to check if the issue happens again. Thanks in advance.

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! 

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments

Hi @saltet,

Thanks for the privilege. We are checking on it and I will update you once I have further information.

Zyxel Melen

• saltet

Looking forward to hear from you.
    my account is.
    tomas.salzmann@telia.com

To solve my immediate problem I restarted the ap,s but the question is why did the ap go bananas.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Answer ✓

Hi @saltet,

After checking, we found that your APs crashed many times. That is why the smart mesh was offline.

In addition, since your APs have been upgraded to the latest firmware which fixes the crash issue, they are working well after 6/20. Please help to check if the issue happens again. Thanks in advance.

Zyxel Melen

• saltet

Thanks a lot for your answer. That explain why my ap went off line.
    since the upgrade -which I was unknown about - they have been working fine.
    Best regards