Zyxel switch + Unifi APs -> configure guest WLAN?

Zakman
Zakman Posts: 5  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch
Hi,

I just bought a new XGS1930-52HP switch to our company. We replaced a bunch of smaller mixed brand switches with this one. This switch is now our only switch. We have a few couple of years old Ubiquiti Unifi AC pro WLAN APs in our office which we do not want to replace. Our firewall is Cisco ASA5510.

The guest WLAN is important for us. ACpros are configured for our company network 10.10.x.x/24 and for guest network 192.168.1.x/24/VLAN100. Firewall is configured to support this arrangement.

The question:
I want to configure this new Zyxel switch so that the guests do not see and cannot use the resources in the internal network. The only access for the guest is to have very limited access to internet using our "line". Do I need to configure this switch somehow to support guest VLAN of those ACpros?

All Replies

• If you are using multiple VLANs on the same port, you should probably set the VLANs up in the switch and set those ports to Tag Egress Packets for that VLAN.
  • Zyxel小編 Lucious
    Zyxel小編 Lucious Posts: 278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Zakman

If your firewall's been configured to handle the traffic filtering as you mentioned, as for switch you just need to make sure the uplink/downlink ports to firewall/AP must be fixed for the internal VLAN and Guest VLAN (VLAN100), just like @ThomasKenyon suggested.

Let us know if there is any further concern/question.

Zyxel_Lucious