Assistance with Guest SSID and VLAN Configuration

Options

I am using a Zyxel USG110 and have two Zyxel Access Points (APs) connected directly to the same LAN1 network (ports 4 and 5). The current configuration includes a Wi-Fi network with an SSID that uses the LAN1 IP subnet.

I would like to create an additional guest SSID and assign VLAN10 to it. The intended network setup is as follows:

• The USG110 provides internet access through the WAN interface.
  • Ports 4 and 5 on the USG110 connect to the APs.

Could you please guide me on how to configure the guest SSID with VLAN10 while ensuring the APs receive the necessary VLAN information from the USG110?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,909  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @mike_bt,

Please reference the handbook of USG110 page 691 "How to create a Wi-Fi VLAN interfaces to separate staff network and Guest network".

This chapter guides you on how to set up the guest VLAN interface on USG110. For the SSID setting, although the handbook uses controller mode, you can still reference it since the configuration steps are similar to the standalone mode of your access point.

Hope it helps.

• mike_bt
    mike_bt Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Hello and sorry for the late reply.
    I followed all the steps but unfortunately it did not work.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,909  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @mike_bt,

Could you screenshot the current setting and share it with us? It will help us to clarify the issue. You need to screenshot the Interface > ethernet setting & port setting page information for FW part. And SSID settings for AP part.