NWA130BE and Multi-Link Operation

George993
George993 Posts: 17  Freshman Member
Community MVP 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

How do you enable MLO in Nebula for NWA130BE's? I cannot find where to enable it. Nebula is 18.10 as of today.

George

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,358  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula
    Answer ✓

Hi @George993 ,

To enable MLO, please go to Configure > SSID advanced settings > Advanced settings > MLO

Note:

• Choose at least 2 bands
    • Clients must have MLO capability to experience this feature

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• George993
    Answer ✓

Thank you. I just didn't know where to look.

George

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula
    Answer ✓

Hi @George993 ,

You confirmed that the issue is resolved via private message, so we'll conclude your case here.

When your SSID enables MLO in the 6GHz band, the SSID security will be converted to WPA3 as per the specifications. Since your 2.4GHz clients only support WPA2, the solution is to create a new SSID with WPA2 so your 2.4GHz clients can connect to the NWA130BE.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓

Hi @George993 ,

To enable MLO, please go to Configure > SSID advanced settings > Advanced settings > MLO

Note:

• Choose at least 2 bands
    • Clients must have MLO capability to experience this feature

• George993
    Answer ✓

Thank you. I just didn't know where to look.

George

• davidfi01
    davidfi01 Posts: 12  Freshman Member
    10 Comments First Answer

If not using Nebula, and accessing NWA130BE through web interface, how do you enable MLO?

Thanks,

D

• George993

Once I turn MLO on in Nebula, I no longer see any wifi signal from any of the AP's. Can clients that do not support MLO connect to the AP's?

Thanks,

George

• George993

BTW, I just double checked. I'm losing my 2.4 radio when I turn on MLO, 5 and 6 are still sending a signal.

George

• Zyxel_Judy

HI @davidfi01 ,

If not using Nebula, and accessing NWA130BE through web interface, how do you enable MLO?

We found that you raised this question in another topic. Please continue the discussion there.

How to enable MLO on non-Nebula nwa130be ap with latest firmware? — Zyxel Community

• Zyxel_Judy

Hi @George993 ,

Could you share which method you use to confirm there is no 2.4GHz signal when you enable MLO?

Additionally, please enable Zyxel support and provide us with the name of your Nebula organization/site here or via a private message by clicking on my account and selecting Message. We'll check and inform you of any findings.

• George993

I confirmed it by noticing that all my 2.4 devices lost connection. Then I used a wifi scan app to see what channels were transmitting around me. I could see the 5GHz channels from my AP's but could not see any of them on the 2.4GHz channels. I need to check the 6GHz channels, I used a machine whose adapter does not support 6GHz. I have a couple of other machines that do support 6GHz, I will test that when I get a chance.

I will test it over the weekend again (when I'm not working). I will enable support. I'm not sure of my organization/site name. I'll do it through the Massage function.

George

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓

Hi @George993 ,

You confirmed that the issue is resolved via private message, so we'll conclude your case here.

When your SSID enables MLO in the 6GHz band, the SSID security will be converted to WPA3 as per the specifications. Since your 2.4GHz clients only support WPA2, the solution is to create a new SSID with WPA2 so your 2.4GHz clients can connect to the NWA130BE.